Barricaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more of your own words my dear boy:

"The journalists wanted to sell newspapers, their primary interest was certainly not always accuracy and therefore the articles have tendencies."

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      Indeed not, my dear boy, but we do have a very reliable source saying the door knocked against a table.
      Yes, I think it may be reliable.

We do not know if one table was sufficient to barricade the door.

Did Prater use two tables to barricade her door?

Would the bedstead and one table be sufficient for barricading Kellyīs door?

Comment

Some more of your own words my dear boy:

"The journalists wanted to sell newspapers, their primary interest was certainly not always accuracy and therefore the articles have tendencies."
        Exactly. And therefore historians analyze tendencies.

And as you see "not always" is there. This means that source criticism is needed.

I havenīt analyzed the two newspaper articles, and therefore I have not drawn any conclusions from them, but may do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          We do not know if one table was sufficient to barricade the door.
          Oh yes we do my dear boy, because when the door was opened, the doctor and the police then entered the room. So the table was not barricading the door at all.

Comment

I havenīt analyzed the two newspaper articles, and therefore I have not drawn any conclusions from them, but may do it.
            Oh my dear boy, please don't let me stop you from analyzing the two newspaper articles and drawing conclusions.

Goodness, how I well remember you saying to me last year:

"You can invest that time in your newspapers.

I can invest that time in the archives."

I didn't realise that you meant the British Newspaper Archives.

Comment

Oh yes we do my dear boy, because when the door was opened, the doctor and the police then entered the room. So the table was not barricading the door at all.
              Yes, indeed. Those particular persons are said to have been entering the room when the door was opened. That is a well established historical fact.

Sources that add knowledge or point in other directions than the canonical sources are often forgotten and/or dismissed.

Comment

Oh my dear boy, please don't let me stop you from analyzing the two newspaper articles and drawing conclusions.

Goodness, how I well remember you saying to me last year:

"You can invest that time in your newspapers.

I can invest that time in the archives."

I didn't realise that you meant the British Newspaper Archives.
                BNA is a newspaper archive. There are many other archives. I guess you know this already.

Comment

Sources that add knowledge or point in other directions than the canonical sources are often forgotten and/or dismissed.
                  Oh there are 'canonical' sources are there my dear boy? Are these the same sources you have previously referred to as the 'official' sources?

Comment

Indeed not, my dear boy, but we do have a very reliable source saying the door knocked against a table.
                    David, if you were the killer in Millerīs Court, and you pulled the table to a position in front of the door, and you thereafter pulled the bedstead to a position beside it, you would have barricaded the door with the table and the bedstead.

Now, what problems would this action of yours solve?

And what problems would arise from this action of yours?

Comment

Oh there are 'canonical' sources are there my dear boy? Are these the same sources you have previously referred to as the 'official' sources?
                      Someone who has the time can make a list some day.

Comment

BNA is a newspaper archive. There are many other archives. I guess you know this already.
                        The BNA is certainly a collection of newspapers in digital form, my dear boy.

I don't need to tell about it you, though, considering that your entire 'research' seems to be carried out in that particular 'archive'.

Comment

Someone who has the time can make a list some day.
                          My dear boy, I wasn't asking for a list, I was asking you if they are the same thing.

Comment

The BNA is certainly a collection of newspapers in digital form, my dear boy.

I don't need to tell about it you, though, considering that your entire 'research' seems to be carried out in that particular 'archive'.
                            I work with many archives, David.

Comment

My dear boy, I wasn't asking for a list, I was asking you if they are the same thing.
                              Sources do not have to be canonical because they are official. But canonical sources often become official and official sources sometimes become canonical.

If you research the new testament for example you deal with that problem.

Comment

If you were the killer in Millerīs Court, and you pulled the table to a position in front of the door, and you thereafter pulled the bedstead to a position beside it, you would have barricaded the door with the table and the bedstead.

Now, what problems would this action of yours solve?

And what problems would arise from this action of yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X