I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierre,

This person is not one of the known suspects.
    Welcome to Casebook!

Actually Charles Lechmere is a known suspect and is Jack The Ripper

Cheers
    DRoy

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      He does refer to the dissections so I think he wants to hang Torso on him. Now which torso killings? Is yet another question.
      More to the point which of the torso victims can be proved to have actually been murdered? Or are we going down the square pegs in round holes again?

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        He does refer to the dissections so I think he wants to hang Torso on him. Now which torso killings? Is yet another question.
        Only two torsos. Which is oddly specific number of them to me but I'm not as up on them as I probably should be. Is one from the 1873/74 torsos or just the 80s ones?
        I'm hoping their suspect is Dan Leno (real name: George Wild Galvin).
        Last edited by Shaggyrand; 09-17-2015, 02:49 PM.
        I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          More to the point which of the torso victims can be proved to have actually been murdered? Or are we going down the square pegs in round holes again?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          Hi Trevor,

The torso mysteries didn't have to be murdered. Only needed to appear to have been.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
            Hi Trevor,

The torso mysteries didn't have to be murdered. Only needed to appear to have been.
            Ah-- in order to seed terror into Londoners?
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Hi Trevor,

The pinchin torso....death caused by blood loss after throat slit. The pinchin torso WAS murdered. If you want to argue that there's no connection between the other torsos and pinchin be my guest...but I see enough connection to assume they were all by the same hand/gang...and since one was murdered...why wouldn't the rest be?

Comment

So, Pierre....if you are not prepared to give detail, why post about it? Why not post some of what you found without giving a name? I think you'll find some valuable resources here. One guy, for instance, recently saw his theory, thirty years of work, the subject of a 'world wide sent documentary'....flushed right down the ye olde turd box....thanks to the analysis provide here! Not that we'd want to torpedo your work. Not at all. But, you may be able to get some clarification or get some measure of confidence in what you have uncovered.

But if you tell me that it's a painter, an author, an actor, or a carman....I'm coming to your house.
                Last edited by Patrick S; 09-17-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Rocky,

I'm not arguing which torsos may or may not have been murdered previously to being dismembered. I was simply stating to Trevor that the whether they were murdered or not has no bearing on the the fact that the bodies were deposited seemingly in attempt to make a statement of some sort. I believe the same man/men deposited them. I also think that is why the MO and signature don't make a difference in linking the two series of crimes together.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                    So, Pierre....if you are not prepared to give detail, why post about it?
                    That's the question.

He says because of the weight of his knowledge, but without saying anything he still carries that weight alone. I am starting to think Troll.

But if you tell me that it's a painter, an author, an actor, or a carman....I'm coming to your house.
                    I'll even listen to a "Carman" as long as it's not Cross, unless he can gve us more than so far provided.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There are quite a few mysterious hints here. Ccould you give us a bit more of substance, Pierre? Is this man British for instance, has he been mentioned in connection with these murders before, even in passing? It's nice that you feel you can post here and muse online, but we are being left in the dark.

Comment

Hi Rocky,

I'm not arguing which torsos may or may not have been murdered previously to being dismembered. I was simply stating to Trevor that the whether they were murdered or not has no bearing on the the fact that the bodies were deposited seemingly in attempt to make a statement of some sort. I believe the same man/men deposited them. I also think that is why the MO and signature don't make a difference in linking the two series of crimes together.
                        Hey I know..I meant to quote Marriott. My baf

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Thats why we refer to them as The Torso Mysteries. But some still seem to want to refer to them as specific murders.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                            The pinchin torso....death caused by blood loss after throat slit. The pinchin torso WAS murdered. If you want to argue that there's no connection between the other torsos and pinchin be my guest...but I see enough connection to assume they were all by the same hand/gang...and since one was murdered...why wouldn't the rest be?
                            Rocky

Take the blinkers off re vist the evidence. There is no evidence to support a murder suggestion in the majority of the torsos. So why is it right to assume they were murdered?

What statement is it you refer to in your previous post ?

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-18-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                              Rocky

Take the blinkers off re vist the evidence. There is no evidence to support a murder suggestion in the majority of the torsos. So why is it right to assume they were murdered?

What statement is it you refer to in your previous post ?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Hi Trevor,

Didn't Dr Biggs question the cause of death in the Pinchin Street case? Thus, the official cause was "syncope" which simply means fainting or collapse. Dr Biggs seemed to think, therefore, that the doctors didn't really know how she died but were reluctant to admit it.

As you've quite rightly pointed out before, we surely need to exercise caution when accepting, without question, the opinions of Victorian GPs. Despite there no doubt good intentions, they were not forensic pathologists, unlike Dr Biggs, nor part of some fancy CSI team.
                              Last edited by John G; 09-18-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                                Hi Trevor,

Didn't Dr Biggs question the cause of death in the Pinchin Street case? Thus, the official cause was "syncope" which simply means fainting or collapse. Dr Biggs seemed to think, therefore, that the doctors didn't really know how she died but were reluctant to admit it.

As you've quite rightly pointed out before, we surely need to exercise caution when accepting, without question, the opinions of Victorian GPs. Despite there no doubt good intentions, they were not forensic pathologists, unlike Dr Biggs, nor part of some fancy CSI team.
                                Hi John
                                Yes you are spot on with that post

Comment

Working...
                                X