CBC re-enactments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBC re-enactments?

Back in around 1988 the Canadian Broadcast Corp. filmed some re-enactments of the Ripper crimes to go along with a story about the release of the novel "Ripper".

I seem to remember them being quite good at the time. Did anyone else see them, and more to the point does anyone know where I can find them online?

Thanks.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Are we talking about the 1988 film "Jack the Ripper"?
    Wait, that can't be it, can it?....

Anyways, the film I'm talking about is on youtube.
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5xibvYJFgM
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Hi Magpie,

Are you referring to a documentary featuring Kenneth Welsh and focusing on Dr Neil Cream? The murder re-enactments used Montreal as a substitute for London's East End. I'm not sure if it was broadcast on CBC or not.

All the best,

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post
        Hi Magpie,

Are you referring to a documentary featuring Kenneth Welsh and focusing on Dr Neil Cream? The murder re-enactments used Montreal as a substitute for London's East End. I'm not sure if it was broadcast on CBC or not.

All the best,

Robert
        Hi Robert.

Although that sounds interesting, this was shot in and around Kingston and was just a news segment about the release of Mark Clark's "Ripper" (Which I checked up on and it was released around 1989). I'm pretty sure it aired on either "the Journal" or "The National".

Comment

How the heck did I miss that? Kingston would be a great place to do JtR re-enactments what with all its carriageways and mews and whatnot. I hope they turn up somewhere.

Comment

Here's one of the locations they used:

Comment

I remember that restaurant very well, Magpie. Founded by Zal Yanovsky of The Lovin' Spoonful---great grub, if a tad pricey. And there are all sorts of other good JtR locations (and restaurants) in that general area of Kingston.

Comment

Working...
              X