theory for why Elizabeth Jackson should more closely considered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callmebill View Post
    I remember reading something about a Lizzie Fisher and drawers - a newspaper mistakenly called Mary Kelly, Fisher.
    Oops, that might have been me, accidentally spreading misinformation. I posted once about that link but had misremembered the name written in the drawers; it was actually L E Fisher, not Lizzie Fisher, and was traced to a Laura Fisher. Sorry about that.

Comment

"No worries, Dave. I'm more offended by being called Ma'am to be honest."

That made me laugh. I feel the same way when some young'un calls me Sir. Especially if it is coming from an attractive young woman.

c.d.

Comment

To accept Liz Jackson as a Ripper victim you also have to accept all the other Torso murders including those of 1873, 1874 and 1884 as Ripper victims as the MO's are much closer to Liz Jackson's murder than any of the Ripper murders.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          To accept Liz Jackson as a Ripper victim you also have to accept all the other Torso murders including those of 1873, 1874 and 1884 as Ripper victims as the MO's are much closer to Liz Jackson's murder than any of the Ripper murders.
          That didnīt come out very clear. For your information, I DO accept the other torso cases as being the probable work of the same killer that was called the Ripper.

The reason that Jackson is spoken about is that she is very close to Chapman and Kelly in terms of the mutilation and evisceration carried out. Plus we know she prostituted herself, as did the Ripper victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            That didnīt come out very clear. For your information, I DO accept the other torso cases as being the probable work of the same killer that was called the Ripper.

The reason that Jackson is spoken about is that she is very close to Chapman and Kelly in terms of the mutilation and evisceration carried out. Plus we know she prostituted herself, as did the Ripper victims.
            I'm aware you accept the other torso victims as being of the same hand. Jackson is spoken about as a possible Ripper victim as she was killed relatively shortly after the Canon's. I don't see that many similarities between Jackson and Kelly and Chapman and nor do many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Oops, that might have been me, accidentally spreading misinformation. I posted once about that link but had misremembered the name written in the drawers; it was actually L E Fisher, not Lizzie Fisher, and was traced to a Laura Fisher. Sorry about that.
              May I ask where and how the name of L E FISHER was traced to a woman called Laura Fisher?

Has that been proven?

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

May I ask where and how the name of L E FISHER was traced to a woman called Laura Fisher?

Has that been proven?

RD
                Offhand as it's been a long time since I researched all this. - the underwear marked L E Fisher was bought at a used clothing sale by Elizabeth and Faircloth, her partner. They had been thrown out as 'rags' rather than wearable items. They were traced to Byker I seem to recall, the father of the person who once owned them had marked his daughter's name on the waistband and recognised his own handwriting.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post

Offhand as it's been a long time since I researched all this. - the underwear marked L E Fisher was bought at a used clothing sale by Elizabeth and Faircloth, her partner. They had been thrown out as 'rags' rather than wearable items. They were traced to Byker I seem to recall, the father of the person who once owned them had marked his daughter's name on the waistband and recognised his own handwriting.
                  Thank you for confirming that Debra. You have saved me a considerable amount of time as I had started down a road that was incorrect.

I discovered a young woman called "Lizzie Ellen Fisher" who was a servant in the same area at the same time that Elizabeth Jackson was also a servant, and so had assumed that the L E Fisher was from a fellow servant who had given her the clothing. I can now discard that line of inquiry.

Many thanks

RD
                  "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Working...
                  X