Emily Horsnail
    1.85%
    The Rainham Torso
    1.85%
    The Paris Outrage
    0.62%
    Another Please Specify
    3.09%
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Please specify if not listed - other comments if you wish.

Stan Reid

Comment

i dont know why i think Tabram...

location fits, age...still not sure but she would be my guess at the moment.

Nice poll Stan.
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

After a few decades of NOT thinking so, I now think that, probably---say 51%---Martha was the first victim. Poor Emma was never in the running as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Nice poll, Stan.

Although highly speculative of course, I've chosen Annie Millwood. She didn't directly die of the attack, but the unexpected attack on her by a stranger, targeting some typical feminine parts with a knife remains very interesting (though disturbing too, of course).

Frank
          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

I chose other. But only becouse you did not specify species here. I have a feeling our man go this start killing animals or at the very least pulling the wings off of flies.
            'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Perhaps I'm wrong but when I think of murder, it's the unlawful taking of a human life. I used the word kill in my first post just not to sound redundant with the word murder in the title. In the lead question, I used it for the same reason but "Who" usually means a person unless you are maybe speaking of a pet, I think. Sorry if I was unclear.
              Last edited by sdreid; 09-19-2009, 06:39 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Dear Grave:

Out of curiosity, since I agree with you that Tabram is more likely to have been a Ripper victim than not...does any of your opinion being changed have to do with Pearly Poll's role in the affair ?

Comment

Hi Stan,

For Jack the Ripper Id say Mary Ann Nichols. For the Whitechapel Murderer, rather Murderers,... Id say Emma. I think the "gang" that killed Emma is indicative of some types that were prevalent in the area, and independently they probably account for most of the 13 or 14 murders that are often suggested as possible Ripper crimes.

Some nasty types in there 2....maybe a Butcher, a Baker, or a Torso maker.

Cheers

Comment

Whoa! So far, that´s a landslide victory for Tabram...!
                    Of course, if my scenario for the Tabram murder holds true, then she WAS the first one, so there never was much of a choice for me...

The best, all!
                    Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Whoa! So far, that´s a landslide victory for Tabram...!
                      ... perhaps we should re-label it a "Gullibility Poll"
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

´t wasn´t Gull, Sam - I thought you had that one counted out...?

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                          ...does any of your opinion being changed have to do with Pearly Poll's role in the affair?
                          Hi Howard,

Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post. I'm not quite sure what you mean by Pearly Poll's role. Without re-opening the whole debate, I've just become convinced that the time, location, victim, and weapon are just too similar to JtR's generally accepted murders to be ignored. I suppose what really tipped the scales for me was when I re-read Sugden a couple of years ago and noted (what I had obviously skipped over before) that he says the case for including Martha is "very strong". If it's good enough for Sugden, it's good enough for me.

Comment

I thought it would probably be between Tabram and Nichols but the Tabrammers have come out of the box strong!

Stan Reid

Comment

Btw, you likely noticed but the specified victims are in reverse chronological order. I neglected to mention that, if you care.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X