No announcement yet.

8 September 1889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of places in Whitechapel looked like "What a place for a murder that would be". -Pierre-

True, but the according to the story, the Pinchin Street arch where the torso was found was the place referred to.

Charles LeGrand was also in prison at the time. My point in bringing him into this is complicated. One needs to understand the underlying details of each of these people and cases to get the whole picture. Trying to understand from a few dissertations here and there does not present the whole picture.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

[QUOTE=jerryd;374689]A lot of places in Whitechapel looked like "What a place for a murder that would be". -Pierre-

True, but the according to the story, the Pinchin Street arch where the torso was found was the place referred to.

Charles LeGrand was also in prison at the time.
      My point in bringing him into this is complicated. One needs to understand the underlying details of each of these people and cases to get the whole picture. Trying to understand from a few dissertations here and there does not present the whole picture.
      Hi,

Yes, I get your point but "the whole picture" is the picture of the ripperological field. So it is the picture of the producers of ripperology.

But that is not the picture the murderer had in his head and it is not a picture of the murderer.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

[QUOTE=Pierre;374690]
        Originally posted by jerryd View Post
        A lot of places in Whitechapel looked like "What a place for a murder that would be". -Pierre-

Charles LeGrand was also in prison at the time.

Hi,

Yes, I get your point but "the whole picture" is the picture of the ripperological field.

It is not the picture the murderer had in his head and it is not a picture of the murderer.

Kind regards, Pierre
        The very source you quoted to open this thread has errors and has been mis-interpreted over the years, but it was that source that I was able to find more information on John Arnold, Dennis Lynch and John Cleary. They are not one and the same man. If I didn't have that source to start with though, I would have never pieced together what I feel is a more accurate story for John Arnold in my own mind. How would you have started this thread without someone's prior research into John Arnold? The field is progressing. We are finding new information. You seem to be saying we are stuck in our ways and hard headed, which I heartily disagree.

I can't agree with your last line either until I have details, which I know you will not share until you pick all of our ripperologist brains until you get the last and final piece of evidence damning your police official. If you don't want to be influenced by the field of ripperology as if we will taint and distort your ability of finding the killer, why are you here, Pierre? Are you just here to point out the error of our ways?
        Last edited by jerryd; 03-26-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X