Provenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provenance

Seems to be the biggest issue with the Diary.

Getting DNA from Florie's lineage would clear up whether she was (or wasn't) Anne's Great, Great gran? Did Gladys or Bobo have kids themselves? can't recall reading anything off the top of my head.

Sorry if I'm not up to date on proceedings

LOL. Your name is Kaz and you're posting on a Diary thread. That's awesome. Maybe someone named Ahmler will show up to reply.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
      Getting DNA from Florie's lineage would clear up whether she was (or wasn't) Anne's Great, Great gran? Did Gladys or Bobo have kids themselves? can't recall reading anything off the top of my head.

Sorry if I'm not up to date on proceedings
      You'd have a job, Kaz.

Glad and Bobo died childless and even if you could get hold of anything resembling Flo's DNA, you'd never get a drop from Anne while she's got a say in it.

There is really no point in spending time, effort or money trying to 'clear up' something for which there is no evidence - particularly if it was related to one of Feldman's many flights of pure fancy.

Love,

Professor Khazi Ahmler
      X
      Last edited by caz; 04-13-2010, 08:31 PM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Double post - sorry!

Comment

Come on, Caz, this is a Diary thread...shouldn't that read 'double poste'?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Caz,

Just out of curiosity, has Anne ever been asked for a DNA test? It wouldn't help by the way, she is a bit remote from Flo and if you want to use mitochondrial DNA, that passes on from mother to daughter so this line would have stopped at Anne's grandfather (Flo's son if this is true).

Bobo and Gladys indeed died childless. You could try to trace her brothers line, I don't recall whether he had any children. Otherwise it would be a difficult job.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
              You'd have a job, Kaz.

Glad and Bobo died childless and even if you could get hold of anything resembling Flo's DNA, you'd never get a drop from Anne while she's got a say in it.

There is really no point in spending time, effort or money trying to 'clear up' something for which there is no evidence - particularly if it was related to one of Feldman's many flights of pure fancy.

Love,

Professor Khazi Ahmler
              X

So whats the truth? In 'The American Connection' anne claims she first saw the diary in 68' -69 and her Father got it from his Step grandmother.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                Come on, Caz, this is a Diary thread...shouldn't that read 'double poste'?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                Whoops, you're right Tom. I should have amended that poste haste.

Love,

Caz
                X

PS Loved your Kidney article in the Casebook Examiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Addy View Post
                  Hi Caz,

Just out of curiosity, has Anne ever been asked for a DNA test?
                  Hi Addy,

Not sure who would have done the asking, but without someone's DNA to compare it with, what would have been the point?

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post

So whats the truth? In 'The American Connection' anne claims she first saw the diary in 68' -69 and her Father got it from his Step grandmother.
                    Hi Kaz,

I have no idea why Anne made the claims she did. She'd have been far better off sticking to her pre-Feldman "I know nothing" position.

And that's the truth.

Love,

Caz
                    X

Comment

Hi Caz,

I don't know what the point would be, however you sounded so sure I thought someone might have asked if she would be willing if the opportunity ever came along!

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Hi Kaz,

I have no idea why Anne made the claims she did. She'd have been far better off sticking to her pre-Feldman "I know nothing" position.

And that's the truth.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        I agree.

You look great btw

Comment

Originally posted by Addy View Post
                          Hi Caz,

I don't know what the point would be, however you sounded so sure I thought someone might have asked if she would be willing if the opportunity ever came along!

Greetings,

Addy
                          Eh? I sounded so sure about what?

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

You'd have a job, Kaz.

Love,

Professor Khazi Ahmler
                            X
                            That why I thought you knew something about DNA tests being requested or suggested.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean, Addy.

I just meant that I don't see Anne ever being willing to offer that kind of assistance. She told us when we interviewed her for Ripper Diary that it was the last time she would talk about it.

Naturally, if she knows she is not related in any way back to Florie, or even doubts it, there'd be no incentive to subject herself to such scrutiny.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Working...
                              X