Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir William Gull

Hi everyone,
    I was a member of this forum many years ago and was surprised to find upon looking at the forum that not only was I not recognised, but that many posts had "gone". I suspect that my question has been answered but I don't know for sure:

Sir William Gull has often been dismissed as a suspect because of his stroke before the first murder. But Stephen Knight showed that many others had lived productive lives after such a stroke. I know Knight's reputation isn't great in the JTR world, but is the "stroke" the main, or only reason why Gull is not considered as a suspect?

Best wishes

Paul
    --
    http://www.paullee.com/

Originally posted by DrPL View Post
    I know Knight's reputation isn't great in the JTR world, but is the "stroke" the main, or only reason why Gull is not considered as a suspect?
    Well, Paul, Sir William was almost 72 years old at the time of the murders, and would be dead within two years. Stroke or not, these facts alone make him an extremely unlikely candidate for the Ripper.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Before asking why he shouldn't be considered the Ripper there ought to be some reason to think that he might have been, and there isn't anything other than some claims that don't make any sense from sources that are well known for making things up out of thin air if it suited them. That would seem to be the main reason he's dismissed as a suspect.

Dan Norder
      Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
      Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X