Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RavenDarkendale View Post
    Caz

One person's "nonsense" is another person's "truth" else why are there so many conflicting convictions on the identity of JtR? It would seem that Maybrick named himself JtR, but only if you accept the Diary as fact. It would seem Montague John Druitt was JtR, but it requires you to accept the McNaughten Memoranda.

Kosminski was certainly favoured as the main Jack the Ripper suspect by the head of the C.I.D. Dr. Robert Anderson, and the officer in charge of the case, Chief Inspector Donald Swanson. Druitt appears to have been Macnaghten's preferred candidate, whilst the fact that Ostrog was arrested and incarcerated before the report was compiled is why he was included as a viable Jack the Ripper suspect in the first place.

The fourth Jack the Ripper suspect, Tumblety, was stated to have been "amongst the suspects" at the time of the murders and "to my mind a very likely one," by the ex-head of the Special Branch at Scotland Yard in 1888, ex-Detective Chief lspector John George Littlechild.

So any suspect depends on whom you believe

God Bless

Darkendale
    I agree entirely, Raven.

Therefore, to relate this all back to pinky's question, should Anderson, for example, have published his 'definitely ascertained fact', based as it was on his moral certainty, and not as far as we know on evidence beyond reasonable doubt?

If a belief is sincere, then maybe it should be fine to publish, as long as nothing is being put forward as proof, only personal belief?

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenDarkendale View Post
      I never said it was confusing, I said it depends on whom you feel had the best chance of being right.

A detailed examination is exactly what we need, but starting from which premise and which suspect?

I get the idea, Phil, that you think me some sort of idiot. If I don't blindly follow your lead, you belittle my knowledge. I am damned tired of your condescending attitude. I try to be polite; I keep getting cut down.

Bite me. They can ban me if they want, but I am sick of being treated like a child!

Darkendale
      Please don't let Phil drive you away from the diary boards with his unfortunate manner, Raven. In my experience he hasn't treated your posts with any more contempt than he treats anyone else's.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
      X