"Mysteries at the Museum" features JtR Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mysteries at the Museum" features JtR Museum

Just saw this new tonight on Travel Channel. Hosted by Don Wildman, the documentary series visits museums around the world, usually looking at artifacts that are connected to famous people or historic events.. This episode is #4 of series 17, (2018). The connection to the Jack the Ripper are the collection of 19th century policeman's articles which "are like those used in the hunt" for Jack the Ripper. (Handcuffs, baton, notebook.)

The historian John Steel appears and offers fairly accurate information about the Whitechapel Murders and some of the more unlikely suspects. The shawl is mentioned, as is Koz, but it is also mentioned that the DNA evidence may have been unreliable, or something of the sort.

Interesting to see inside the so-called musuem, and to hear objects described as "similar to" those from the actual crime, but I'm annoyed this place got the publicity!
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Just saw this new tonight on Travel Channel. Hosted by Don Wildman, the documentary series visits museums around the world, usually looking at artifacts that are connected to famous people or historic events.. This episode is #4 of series 17, (2018). The connection to the Jack the Ripper are the collection of 19th century policeman's articles which "are like those used in the hunt" for Jack the Ripper. (Handcuffs, baton, notebook.)

The historian John Steel appears and offers fairly accurate information about the Whitechapel Murders and some of the more unlikely suspects. The shawl is mentioned, as is Koz, but it is also mentioned that the DNA evidence may have been unreliable, or something of the sort.

Interesting to see inside the so-called musuem, and to hear objects described as "similar to" those from the actual crime, but I'm annoyed this place got the publicity!

Pity, but inevitable, I guess.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I visited a few weeks ago. Curiosity got the better of me. One exhibit did advertise items that belonged to PC Watkins. Everything else was either obviously or labeled as fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I like to watch the show every now and then to try to guess what is the meaning of the items they choose per museum. They had one concerning a museum in New Orleans that had some item connected to the Ax Man killings of 1919.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X