No announcement yet.

So....just how corrupt are the police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....just how corrupt are the police?

The three P's

Police

Press

Politicians

All three in bed together.....employing each other after retirement. Having swanky meals with people you are investigating, payment from newspapers closing investigations that hurt your friends the "Press" or "politicians".

Our police force is an utter disgrace.....not a few bad apples but the whole barrel rotten to the core.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
    The three P's

Police

Press

Politicians

All three in bed together.....employing each other after retirement. Having swanky meals with people you are investigating, payment from newspapers closing investigations that hurt your friends the "Press" or "politicians".

Our police force is an utter disgrace.....not a few bad apples but the whole barrel rotten to the core.
    Sorry to be pedantic:
    Technically the Hackgate charges are against the Met, and not against all Police Forces acting in the UK.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Not bothered about the pedantry......but a classic sign of interdepartmentalisation.

The Met did it and ran away.

The Met may or may not be the worst.....or more likely they are just the latest to be caught at it.

The Police are a disgrace.
      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I think the Met should launch an immediate and thorough investigation into the goings on at the Met.

Comment

Originally posted by johns View Post
          I think the Met should launch an immediate and thorough investigation into the goings on at the Met.
          ---and----the Prime Minister who only flew off today to South Africa for talks about Libya etc is instead now flying back [by the seat of his pants]!!!!! [his first job will no doubt be to change them]!

Comment

Seriously... I think PC Plod on the beat (and even the traffic guys and gals) are probably amongst the best police in the world.

But the higher echelons... and as an organisation.... I'm not so sure.... and I also thing that the UK police forces are badly organised in some ways.

Strathclyde for example covers a huge area and Glasgow. I know that its area stems from the now defunct council areas, but I would imagine (probably wrongly) that a force just for Glasgow would be better. Like London...

Comment

How is it any different from 1888 then?

Seriously though, I think this sort of thing goes on in many positions of power in many different occupations around the world, it's just that this has been brought to the fore and is more damaging because of the ties to the debacle that is/was News Of The World.

People are kidding themselves if they think everybody in such a position is going to always be squeaky clean....which is why it's all the more fodder for rival media when it suits them. Evil breeds more evil.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

I think it's all about to get worse. The following was posted to 'LondonNet today:-

PRIVATE security firms are to be granted powers traditionally held by London's police forces in a new government scheme starting in Victoria.

Ultimate Security Services have 15 guards ready for patrol duties at Victoria Coach Station, where, at first, they will have limited powers, such as the right to request names and addresses from criminal suspects and confiscate alcohol.

"The scheme will help to provide a safe and secure destination for all who live, work and visit the area," said Ruth Duston of the Victoria Business Improvement District, which backs the policy.

Victoria's scheme is part of a broader privatisation policy introduced by the government as it looks to cut back on policing costs.

"The state will have to justify why it should ever operate a monopoly," said Prime Minister David Cameron in February.

Earlier this month, it emerged that security company Garde UK aims to patrol Brentwood in Essex, charging residents £1 a week for the privilege, while calls to Cleveland's 999 lines will soon go through to a private call centre instead of a police exchange.

One potential trouble spot for the emerging private police force is that it will be difficult to make a complaint stick, as private security companies won't fall under the rulebook of the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

"The IPCC has no jurisdiction over private companies so if a member of the public does not get good service what are you going to do?" said Ben Priestly, of the Unison union.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Thoroughgood View Post
                  ... calls to Cleveland's 999 lines will soon go through to a private call centre instead of a police exchange.
                  "You are being held in a queue ... Your call is very important to us ... If you feel you may die before reaching the end of the queue, why not upgrade to our special premium service? ... (American Express and Diners Club not accepted)"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                    How is it any different from 1888 then?
                    There are members of Casebook who swear by the professionalism, efficiency, and record of the Metropolitan Police in 1888, believing them to have done everything necessary to protect the victims of Jack the Ripper and leaving no avenue of investigation unexplored fully to find a culprit.

Comment

Working...
                    X