Kosminski and Victim DNA Match on Shawl - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anna View Post
    The Evening Standard..a great paper to end this silly episode in,as everyone reads it on their way home from work,and it's available free at every supermarket,and other outlets in London.

Now,whatever anyone else said about the shawl,the effect can never be the same.The public won't believe them,and it will seem like someone has their own reason for keeping it all going,and they'll look daft.

We don't even know this Andrew Smith.

But our community owes him and the Evening Standard a real vote of thanks..finally the truth is out there.
    Well, the Standard did originally report without qualification that Jack the Ripper had been identified as Aaron Kozminski. That was on 9 September:

I didn't see that in the paper edition, but I suspect it was given a lot more prominence than Andrew Smith's comment today, which was on page 33.

Comment

The Evening Standard..a great paper to end this silly episode in,as everyone reads it on their way home from work,and it's available free at every supermarket,and other outlets in London.

Now,whatever anyone else said about the shawl,the effect can never be the same.The public won't believe them,and it will seem like someone has their own reason for keeping it all going,and they'll look daft.

But our community owes him and the Evening Standard a real vote of thanks..finally the truth is out there.

What a lovely way to start the weekend...with RE and this bloody shawl behind us.
      My dear Anna,what ever is presented to show this is just not true a section of people will always believe it is true no matter what we've been here 20 years ago with the Maybrick diary we will be discussing this shawl business in twenty years time.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

There are very very few facts actually appearing in this book of substance it appears when broken down.
        I know I'm acerbic sometimes Phil, but I do think you're overstating the number of facts of substance in the book.
        Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Chris,as it's now a free paper,I would think many have a good old read through the paper,like I do.

Pinkmoon..Oh tell me about it. Just leaves me glad that I don't have any favourite suspect.

Comment

Chris,as it's now a free paper,I would think many have a good old read through the paper,like I do.

Pinkmoon..Oh tell me about it. Just leaves me glad that I don't have any favourite suspect.
            I've always had an open mind when dealing with the facts of this case apart from fact that I know for certain it was Druitt.
            Last edited by pinkmoon; 10-03-2014, 02:53 PM.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

What a lovely way to start the weekend...with RE and this bloody shawl behind us.
              I don't see why we should line up to pat Andrew Smith on the back and for some reason bestow more credibility upon him than we do Dr. Jari and Russell Edwards simply because he's singing our song? Yes, he's in a news paper, but he doesn't appear to be offering any new first hand data regarding the shawl. He's just spouting his mouth off like we are, his spoutage is just being reported in a paper.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Andrew Smith is an expert on Gothic literature, and no better placed to comment on the science of DNA extraction than the majority of us are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  I don't see why we should line up to pat Andrew Smith on the back and for some reason bestow more credibility upon him than we do Dr. Jari and Russell Edwards simply because he's singing our song? Yes, he's in a news paper, but he doesn't appear to be offering any new first hand data regarding the shawl. He's just spouting his mouth off like we are, his spoutage is just being reported in a paper.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Hear, Hear!
                  Mick Reed

Comment

• Exactly Tom...his thoughts were reported in the paper.

A widely read popular free paper...that has now put doubt in people's minds, and completely quashed all the twaddle RE peddled when he was around.

There won't be any new findings,because they weren't there in the first place..unless you think a thin piece of material has a "deep down" to locate DNA from...

Comment

• How about National Enquirer

Maybe one of Casebook's senior Ripperologists (I didn't use the word 'expert' to avoid opening a debate about the definition of such a solemn word) should contact America's famous National Enquirer and give his/her opinion. It could give North America an equal opportunity. LOL

Comment

Exactly Tom...his thoughts were reported in the paper.

A widely read popular free paper...that has now put doubt in people's minds, and completely quashed all the twaddle RE peddled when he was around.

There won't be any new findings,because they weren't there in the first place..unless you think a thin piece of material has a "deep down" to locate DNA from...
                        Err...I think you are exaggerating the extent to which the average man on the street could give a care as to the Whitechapel murders.

Comment

Hmmmm! Anna, I probably share your thoughts about the book, but I don't think that piece in the Standard 'completely quashed all the twaddle'.

It was a piece of rough journalism - as rough as that in the Mail on Sunday that started all this.

A cheap newspaper article can neither prove nor quash an argument. The real test will be if RE's sales slump now the Standard's article has been read.
                          Mick Reed

Comment

• charlatan

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                            Err...I think you are exaggerating the extent to which the average man on the street could give a care as to the Whitechapel murders.
                            I think you'd be surprised just how many average people with no interest in ripper case have said to me lately.."hey did you hear they solved Jack the Ripper!"...and this is exactly what edwards was counting on. He knew if he lied about the DNA results...it wouldnt even matter....every average person would see only "Dna" "JTR" & "Solved" and that;s what they'd all believe. Edwards is Liar and a fraud and deserves to be shamed. He knows how dumb the population is and used an error in the DNA database to pretend he had DNA results the shawl does not have! He will be exposed for the charlatan that he is and will be the laughing stock of the ripperology community for a long time.

Comment

• Hi,

But isnt that the same effect that every "solution" book counts on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                                Hi,

But isnt that the same effect that every "solution" book counts on?
                                In a way your right it is similar but Edwards uses the false ascertain that he's solved the case by proving Koz & Kate's DNA is on the shawl. In this age where CSI & Forensic Tv Shows are so popular with the public, Edwards claiming he proved JTR with DNA was certain to capture the public's attention more than an ordinary suspect book that relies on theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X