All across the alien nation
    Where everything isn't meant to be okay
    Television dreams of tomorrow
    We're not the ones who're meant to follow
    For that's enough to argue
    Don't wanna…
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

I'm embarrassed for our country.

Comment

This is surely the ultimate horror.

Comment

Will be getting in the Mini with my MAGA cap when he visits Qcotland.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Has he got any presidential business in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
            Yeah, he's hoping to grab a haggis by the *****.

Good luck with that one scumbag!

Comment

Donald Tusk (President of the EU if you didn't know) for the first time ever said something today that I agree with. He said, "Appreciate your allies, Mr Trump; you don't have that many".

Years ago when Bill Clinton visited the UK, I actually got off my arse and went into Birmingham to see if I could catch a glimpse of him, just because I rather liked him. I didn't see him, as it happened. As far as Trump goes, I wouldn't cross the road to see him even if he was giving out free tickets, travel, free booze and accommodation included for the World Cup Final.

Graham
              Last edited by Graham; 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM.
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                A round of Golf with Nigel I'm hearing.
                My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                  This is surely the ultimate horror.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...827cc1e76c/amp
                  Yes, I read that story earlier. It has rather a Kafkan ring to it, describing the young children in the courtroom in giant chairs. Translators are available for clients without English skills -- but who can translate for a pre-language toddler?
                  I hope something good comes from this chaos, but I don't know... Even at Ellis Island, they kept families together!
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

This morning's developments just confirm to me that the title "American Idiot" is nothing but a complete fit to President 45. First of all, he is wrong on the facts (surprise!) in pretty much everything he said about Germany being "captive of Russia" and secondly, he told a military alliance (NATO) to look into the trade practices of a member country. The only way this can be explained is if he does not know the difference between the EU and NATO, something I wouldn't past him at all, actually.

"American Idiot", all the way. I hope it gets to number one. On another thought, maybe they should change the lyrics to "Russian Puppet".
                    Last edited by Svensson; 07-11-2018, 04:24 AM.

Comment

But who voted him in? Americans, wasn't it? There are those who say you've got what you deserve.....

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

a minority of voters if I remember correctly....

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                          As far as Trump goes, I wouldn't cross the road to see him even if he was giving out free tickets, travel, free booze and accommodation included for the World Cup Final.
                          Point taken, but Trump doesn't offer free accommodations. He holds an event in a Trump owned property and then bills either the Republican National Convention, or the American taxpayer. And, as for the 'free booze,' this would be Trump Vodka, or at least would have been, had the company not gone under. I don't know if you can still buy Trump Steaks, but considering who he puts in charge to run places like the Food and Drug Administration, I would stick with the haggis.

On anther note, I saw that Johnny Rotten is a big fan of Trump. My, how times have changed. I remember The Clash singing "I'm So Bored with the U.S.A." and yet now many are singing the praises of a foreign leader. What's up with that? In my many many years in the U.S., I've yet to meet a single solitary American who was similarly smitten and ga-ga over John Major or David Cameron or Tony Blair. We at least have the decency to fall for confidence men of our own making.

Comment

RJ,

I was living in the USA (Ohio) when Jimmy Carter was President, and a little afterwards, and the impression I had was that the people didn't think much of him. Up in Ohio, at least. When Reagan was voted in, it seemed to me that he was far more popular, even though to me and other non-Americans he didn't quite seem the full shilling. But at least neither of these gentlemen went about bad-mouthing other countries and the citizens of other countries. And incidentally, you missed out mentioning Margaret Thatcher, who was actually admired by most Americans that I knew and conversed with.

I suppose the true colours of any national leader only come out after he/she has been voted into high office - in 1933 most Germans genuinely believed that Adolf would be just the job for Germany.

It's a funny old world......

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                              On anther note, I saw that Johnny Rotten is a big fan of Trump. My, how times have changed.
                              I don't know, RJ, seems kind of fitting. Johnny Rotten made a fortune from being an iconoclast with no discernable talent apart from being outrageously offensive in public.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                              X