Yorkshire Ripper to be freed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael,

Well, he wouldn't be the first to be convicted and imprisoned and later found innocent, it's not just in the category of ' Murder ' there are numerous cases of where people have been innocent and imprisoned on other offences, i watched a documentary about a man who was wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for rape, he served over 20 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, they dug up the old DNA records by a private investigator, a rich man funded his case ( if it hadn't been a rich person having beleif in him and paying all expenses for the case to be re-opened and fully investigated properly he would have been left to rot in prison) and what do you know, the DNA results didn't even match the guy they had imprisoned ( talk about bosh job! From the state). On this evidence, he was duly released from prison. I don't consider a life sentence for those of manslaughter, or those protecting themselves within reason of the circumstances. However, they can get the wrong guy and get the case wrong, that's nothing new they've made bosh jobs like that for nearly decades, i don't believe in capital punishment as we Brits call it, a death sentence. Or if i get really gory ' a lick of the cat ' ( whipping!)...hee hee, we don't do whipping anymore that went out with the Victorians i think, or just a little later.

Cheers
    Shelley

Comment

Just when you thought this case couldn't get any weirder, here is The Yorkshire Ripper, his friend Jimmy Savile, and Frank Bruno!!

Regards Mike

Comment

Fly on the wall time? Interesting.
        http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

The story appears in today's paper, and yet the event happened 18 years ago? Is The Sun that short of news?

Comment

As long as this pratt doesn't get out then so be it..they just need to put the same ideas into practice for the pathetic so called 'killers' (anyone can kill) today..or bring back capital punishment and therefore stop the recession ..

Comment

there is know way they will ever release peter sutcliffe. They have enough evidence to charge him with further crimes/murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                Maybe they should plan something like this,
                BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This killer escaped, only to be killed by a train! Anyone believe in Karma?
                Blimey, Mike. I just caught up with this thread and noticed the above story.

Now I know what happened on the day I met my daughter for lunch up in Holborn. On the way home I sent her a text to say the trains were all up the creek due to a 'fatality on the line'. I never guessed it was a mental patient who had done a runner.

On the subject of Sutcliffe, I'm with those who say if he's sane and sorry he should want to stay locked up for what he did - and be jolly grateful that the law doesn't lower itself to creeping up behind him with a large hammer when he least expects it. If he's anything else he should stay locked away from society for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure there is any way to make someone feel genuine remorse if they have wilfully inflicted suffering on others. It would have to come from within that person, and you'd still never know that they were not merely feeling sorry for what they did because of the consequences to themselves.

"Of course I'm sorry, I'm only human. I'm sorry I got caught and they had to listen to me singing 'If I Had A Hammer' for the next thirty years."

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by dannymc View Post
                  there is know way they will ever release peter sutcliffe. They have enough evidence to charge him with further crimes/murders.
                  It's very unlikely he's guilty of more murders in my book. He'd have admitted them by now.

Comment

It does seem unlikely that he'll ever be released. I'm not sure that many people could accept the idea that he's seen the error of his ways. It didn't work for Myra Hindley, did it?

Comment

• Was it gutter press again, rallying about "danger of loonies" or something enlightened? Anyway, I too believe his real motif was perverted sexuality, not schizophrenia.
                      Me?
                      For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

• Hopefully, he will never be released... used to know the daughters of one of his victims and they said they are glad he is off of the streets and not a danger.
                        I knew it was going to be a good night when i saw three chairs whizz past my head.......

Comment

Working...
                        X