Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - by jerryd 40 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 4 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 5 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - (11 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (6 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (2 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Mitre Sq, The demise is almost complete - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Lechmere/Cross, Charles

Old 11-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Nah. He won't engage me because he understands that I've taken the time to understand the information as opposed to relying upon he and his ilk to interpret it for me. Remember, I was once in Christer's good graces, back when I first learned of his Cross/Lechmere theory. He encouraged me to do some research, sure that I'd agree with the theory he was (and still is) peddling. I actually took my leave of the board for a bit and did just that. Of course, I committed the cardinal sin: I didn't agree. Of course, I then found myself - like Gaylord Focker - outside the fabled circle of trust. And there I remain. Recall also that I offered to debate Fisherman on this topic, pledging to pay for a venue, food, and adult beverages. He refused. Things got nasty. He refuses to respond to my posts. And here we are. I've come to the conclusion that Christer will not debate on this topic for same the reason he responds so aggressively to those who seriously question the logic of Lechmere as the Ripper, or the Mizen Scam: he doesn't believe it himself. Thus, I content myself with posting on these threads (when I can muster the energy it takes to get into my notes and assemble, essentially, the same posts I've made for the past few years, hoping to dissuade newcomers and neophytes, the na´ve and gullible, from buying into this foolishness.
Used to call me things like "His fine Aussie friend" till I disagreed with him over Cross.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
Used to call me things like "His fine Aussie friend" till I disagreed with him over Cross.
Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you┤ve disagreed with me? Would that be a possibility?

Last edited by Fisherman : 11-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you disagree with me? Would that be a possibility?
I doubt it.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
I doubt it.
Okay, then we are working from the presumtion that I am to blame whereas you have no part in it at all. Would that be correct?
Old 11-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you┤ve disagreed with me? Would that be a possibility?
Balderdash! Initially, I tried tact. I tried praising the work you'd put in. I paid the requisite homage to your keen insight and dogged work ethic. I tried being gentle, saying that I was unconvinced, but perhaps with more evidence I could be. Then came the barrage of posts - from you - stating that you'd no wish to waste time trying to educate those too dim and lacking in knowledge (of the case) to be educated, those condescending, taunting, infuriating posts that you know full well are designed to denigrate anyone not cheering your "theory". I was then compelled - regrettably - to call your "theory" what it is: unreasonable, untenable, unbelievable, against any application of common sense, and ultimately laughable (especially when one considers the incomparable "Mizen Scam").

And now you won't even respond to me. No more phone calls. Birthday cards. Valentines. Frankly, it hurt. Badly.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Balderdash! Initially, I tried tact. I tried praising the work you'd put in. I paid the requisite homage to your keen insight and dogged work ethic. I tried being gentle, saying that I was unconvinced, but perhaps with more evidence I could be. Then came the barrage of posts - from you - stating that you'd no wish to waste time trying to educate those too dim and lacking in knowledge (of the case) to be educated, those condescending, taunting, infuriating posts that you know full well are designed to denigrate anyone not cheering your "theory". I was then compelled - regrettably - to call your "theory" what it is: unreasonable, untenable, unbelievable, against any application of common sense, and ultimately laughable (especially when one considers the incomparable "Mizen Scam").

And now you won't even respond to me. No more phone calls. Birthday cards. Valentines. Frankly, it hurt. Badly.
Sorry to hear about your problem with Fisherman. He does not communicate with me either. I asked him some scientific questions and he stopped communicating. He did so because he wasn┤t able to answer my questions.

Regards, Pierre
Old 11-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Okay, then we are working from the presumtion that I am to blame whereas you have no part in it at all. Would that be correct?
If it was just me you may have a point, I know that I'm not the most tactful bloke on earth, but it seems to be anyone with the hide to disagree with you.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
If it was just me you may have a point, I know that I'm not the most tactful bloke on earth, but it seems to be anyone with the hide to disagree with you.
I have to disagree slightly on that. Fisherman's been nothing but nice and direct with me. I appreciate the honest answers he provides even if we disagree on some points.

It's my opinion of course, but I think there are a lot of anti-lechmere or undecided Lechmere who are trying their damnedest to change Fisherman's mind and that's not necessary. He may very well be absolutely correct and if he believes so then so be it.

Some posters like Trevor will just post to get under your skin or try to make you look like a complete moron because you may not be schooled in JTR, all the while postulating some idiotic theory that your intestines will spring forth out of your body about 5 feet like a bed spring in an old mattress.

I give Fish alot of credit. He put himself out there in a documentary that supports a somewhat un-popular theory among ripperologists. Is the documentary and theory perfect? No but you have to admit it brought JTR somewhat back from the tombs. And the theory is generally well accepted by the layman which has brought new opinions to the case.

Keep in mind he could be right. I don't know if he is but he could be.

Columbo
Old 11-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem with Fisherman. He does not communicate with me either. I asked him some scientific questions and he stopped communicating. He did so because he wasn┤t able to answer my questions.

Regards, Pierre
Or possibly he read through your posts and deduced correctly that you are a charlatan and a hypocrite?

What you accuse him of doing - avoiding the questions he can't answer, and laying low when his errors or idiocies are pointed out to him, describes your own modus operandi to the letter.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
I agree Gut.

Cheers John