Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 3 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 20 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by harry 23 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Sam Flynn 32 minutes ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - by Varqm 53 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 1 hour and 7 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - (45 posts)
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - (12 posts)
General Discussion: Eddowes' Shawl - (7 posts)
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - (7 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: So what happened to that femur...? - (5 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - (4 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > General Suspect Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #811  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:52 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
More importantly for the accuracy of the report is the time given.


Steve
This has been answered, Steve. You need to read that.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #812  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:56 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 4,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Itīs always like this when a large building is torn down: lots of dust and noise.

Once the dust settles, silence takes over and the air clears.

Unfortunatly no building has been torn Down.
We have the same debate time after time, and desoite your claims nothing changes. Your argument is a negative, that it cannot be proven exactly how far apart the carmen were.
However the whole evidence, not just that of Mizen provides not one ounce of evidence that they were ever apart.


Stevw
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:57 AM
Robert Robert is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,895
Default

Fish, you are now even misinterpreting yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Why on earth should he have been? The two men went TOGETHER to find a policeman, after all.

Not glued to each other, Gareth. And nowhere along the road do we have any information about how close or distant the two men were.

Fish, they went together. They saw a policeman. Are you suggesting that they saw the policeman at different times?

Yes, for once you are right : 'saw' means saw. Move to the top of the class.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:04 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Unfortunatly no building has been torn Down.
We have the same debate time after time, and desoite your claims nothing changes. Your argument is a negative, that it cannot be proven exactly how far apart the carmen were.
However the whole evidence, not just that of Mizen provides not one ounce of evidence that they were ever apart.


Stevw
That is of course wrong, since the papers were plastered with how Mizen said that "a man" or "one man" came up to him and spoke, so your argument goes very quickly down the drain.

It also applies that it is a proven matter that the wordings you rely heavily on were used by somebody who was not in place in Bucks Row.

So yes, the building "Paul MUST have been within earshot" tumbled down earlier this morning. And itīs not coming up again.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:05 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Fish, you are now even misinterpreting yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Why on earth should he have been? The two men went TOGETHER to find a policeman, after all.

Not glued to each other, Gareth. And nowhere along the road do we have any information about how close or distant the two men were.

Fish, they went together. They saw a policeman. Are you suggesting that they saw the policeman at different times?

Yes, for once you are right : 'saw' means saw. Move to the top of the class.
More jestering and linguistic jibber-jabber. Uninteresting.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 AM
Robert Robert is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,895
Default

Keep checking the dictionaries, Fish.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:08 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Keep checking the dictionaries, Fish.
More jestering. Useless.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:10 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 4,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
I donīt have to. I have already taken your argument apart, and the errand has come to an end. It cannot in any shape or form be decided that Paul was within earshot of Lechmere as the latter spoke to Mizen.

Which, incidentally, is what I have suggested all along.

It actually offers me a possibility to quote Hans Rosling from that clip I posted earlier:

I am right and you are wrong and there can be no discussion about that.

Mind you, that does not mean that Paul WAS out of earshot, but it does mean that it cannot be excluded that he was.
The degree of self deluzion and wish fulfilment in the above post is trully staggering.

The attempt to base the exchange purely on tbe views of one individual, when two others are involved demonstrates completely the bias used in the anaylisis of the data.

It is You who are wrong Fish, you seemingly convince yourself of a point and then grandiosity claim that point is established bdyond doubt.

If you cannot convince a point is not established other tban in your mind.


Steve
I
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:13 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Basically, Baxters question amounts to "There was another guy there too, a chum of Crossī, right?" and nothing more than so. Thatīs all Mizen confirms.

Itīs nighty-nighty for the "Paul must have heard what was said"-brigade. And thatīs about time.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:19 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
The degree of self deluzion and wish fulfilment in the above post is trully staggering.

The attempt to base the exchange purely on tbe views of one individual, when two others are involved demonstrates completely the bias used in the anaylisis of the data.

It is You who are wrong Fish, you seemingly convince yourself of a point and then grandiosity claim that point is established bdyond doubt.

If you cannot convince a point is not established other tban in your mind.


Steve
I
The one point I am establishing here is that there is not enough in it - by any means - to conclude that Paul must have been within earshot.

I do not push the point that he must have been out of earshot - I push the point that it cannot be proven that he must have been within earshot.

I am not saying that my theory on Lechmere is proven by this - I am saying that it cannot be disproven by your efforts.

I am not the one overcharging the fact account here. The collection of misinterpretors you belong to takes care of that, by hanging the whole matter on a source that was not even there.

You need to get yourself a large broome and sweep outside your own door before you start to pick on me for dabbling with the evidence, Steve. As it stands, you may even have to go inside that door and clear away all that glass you have been throwing stones at.

Paul could well have been out of earshot. Agreed?

Mizen would hardly answer "no" to the coroners question. Agreed?

The "Paul MUST have heard" building therefore crumbled and fell today. Agreed?

Last edited by Fisherman : 06-07-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.