Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Appeal- Please Support London's Oldest Barber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
    My husband has connections with the taxi trade press. One of the most-read weekly publications is going to run an article about Aaron and his shop. Hopefully, that should drum up some interest.
    Hello Limehouse,

Would you mind giving your lovely husband a big hug from us!

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
      Hello Limehouse,

Would you mind giving your lovely husband a big hug from us!

Carol
      Hi Caol,

I'm always glad of an excuse to hug him - and will do so at 3.30am tomorrow morning when he gets back to Peterborough after his shift!

Comment

I remember seeing this guy interviewed on TV at the time and he recounted a story about when he was a guard outside the Royal Mint in the war and meeting Winston Churchill who said to him 'That's a nice rifle you've got there, soldier, and if you see any of those Nazis coming down on parachutes, shoot the b*stards'.
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
          I remember seeing this guy interviewed on TV at the time and he recounted a story about when he was a guard outside the Royal Mint in the war and meeting Winston Churchill who said to him 'That's a nice rifle you've got there, soldier, and if you see any of those Nazis coming down on parachutes, shoot the b*stards'.
          Hi Stephen. Yeah, you're right, I read that story too. Churchill said 'If you see any of those Nazis coming down on parachutes, shoot the b*stards'.
          And Aaron replied, "What if it's one of ours?"

Hi Julie, that idea about the taxi trade press is wonderful; thanks so much!

Archaic

Comment

Hi Caol,

I'm always glad of an excuse to hug him - and will do so at 3.30am tomorrow morning when he gets back to Peterborough after his shift!

Thank you very much, Limehouse!

Carol

Comment

Hi guys.

I wonder if somebody in the Whitechapel Society would be so kind as to mention Aaron's story to other members?

Thanks very much,
              Archaic

Comment

I was delighted to hear Aaron being interviewed on Radio Four's 'Saturday Live' programme this morning. The interview took place in his salon and he sounded so interesting and so warm and friendly.

My husband also passed the story to several taxi magazines and they have written articles about Aaron's work. life and salon. One even featured a photograph.

Hopefully, Aaron will now enjoy an upturn in business.

Comment

I was delighted to hear Aaron being interviewed on Radio Four's 'Saturday Live' programme this morning. The interview took place in his salon and he sounded so interesting and so warm and friendly.

My husband also passed the story to several taxi magazines and they have written articles about Aaron's work. life and salon. One even featured a photograph.

Hopefully, Aaron will now enjoy an upturn in business.
                  Hello Limehouse!

Just before I switched on my laptop I thought to myself 'I think I'll post a message on the 'oldest London barber' thread and ask if anyone can give us an update'. So - thanks very much for the update! I should think the radio interview came about as a direct result of your husband passing Aaron's story to the taxi magazines.

Carol

Comment

It can be heard 19 and a half minutes into the show :

"Don't have a parting." Very, very true.

Comment

"Don't have a parting." Very, very true.
                      sniff...too bloody late!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Ah, Dave, never have a parting. And chaps shouldn't brush their hair back. This can lead to receding hair. Some chaps' hair recedes so fast, there's a Doppler effect.

Comment

London's Oldest Barber Has Passed Away

Hi everyone.

I regret to have to share this with you: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl...4e8619567f2aaf

Mr. Aaron Biber, London's oldest barber, passed away recently at the age of 91. He was working right up to the end, still using the steel scissors his father gave him when he was 12 years old.

It's a sad loss for London and the world. But I'm sure Aaron is happy to be finally reunited with his wife, to whom he was married for 70 years.

Best regards,
                          Archaic

Comment

Working...
                          X