Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the ban button....

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww she's total JOY!!!!!!!!!!!
      Dunno Ally but when I find it................
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        Does little man have standard issue jeans that don't quite pull up, there by creating an unsightly ....sight??

I think they call it builders bum!!

And they do say that "Crack Kills"....
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Crack made Pete Doherty what he is today.
          Musical genius, towering intellectual behemoth, role model to millions.
          Windy scumbag, fortuitous incarceration dodger, person I'd most like to administer a slapping to.
          Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
            I'd go get a book off my shelves, but since the auto accident last October I haven't been able to concentrate on reading - At least, not for very long. I've managed to read one book in all the time I've been on medical leave. I'm used to being able to read a 300 page novel every day. Two novels that size if I didn't have anything else to do that day. I'd love to be able to sue that kid that ran into us. But that's useless - Between the lawyer fees and the insurance company wanting their money back for our medical costs, I'd have to be awarded a million in damages just to break even. I don't see that happening. Not in real life.
            V, don't say no to this just yet. If the accident wasn't your fault, and the kid had insurance, there's no reason why you shouldn't - at the very least - talk to an attorney.

Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency, where they only get paid if you recover. So you have nothing to lose by at least talking to one.

B
            Brian W. Schoeneman, Esq.
            Fairfax, VA
            Casebook Member Since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
              If you're an accomplished gardener forgive me for sticking my nose in.

C
              Well, I did grow up on a farm... But for the size of garden we are planning, the digging won't take long, or be very difficult.

I used to have a tiller, but sold it off after it had sat for several years, unused. I originally bought it to garden with here, but once the deer ate everything, I gave up gardening - except for flowers and shrubs. Lyn wants to give it a go, so I'll do my best to help her out.

Our injuries from the accident are mostly healed. I was given a conditional release last time I went to the doctor, but the factory said only an unconditional release would do.

I'll post some photos once we get started on the garden.

Vila
              "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
              Dan L Hollifield
              Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
              http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaXi65 View Post
                V, don't say no to this just yet. If the accident wasn't your fault, and the kid had insurance, there's no reason why you shouldn't - at the very least - talk to an attorney.

Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency, where they only get paid if you recover. So you have nothing to lose by at least talking to one.

B
                Brian,

I went through all that when I was in a motorcycle accident caused by a drunk driver. Between the lawyer fees and the medical insurance wanting all their money back, it was just barely worth the time and trouble it took to sue. My share was only a touch more than what I would have made if I hadn't had to be out of work in the first place. It covered my bills and kept the roof over my head, but that's about all.

Still, I haven't totally dismissed the idea of a lawsuit. I just don't think I'll have enough left afterwards to justify the bother it'd be.

Vila
                "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                Dan L Hollifield
                Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Vila,

Sounds like you know what you're doing then! It doesn't take much for a small plot, it's true. Over the years, we ended up having 4 or 5, if you count flowers and herbs, so we finally broke down and got a tiller. From what you told me earlier, you're in a less urban area than we are so you're bound to have more deer. There are a fair number around here, but so far they haven't tackled coming over the fence. Something very heavy did come over and bent the stinking daylights out of the top rail. And I mean bent! Some folks tell us a buck could have done it, but I don't know.

Good luck with the garden. Maybe you'll bring us all good luck and lure some rain into the area this summer.

Happy to hear that you are both getting better.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

This is turning into a Titchmarsh thread. There'll be aphids on here next, you mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
                      This is turning into a Titchmarsh thread. There'll be aphids on here next, you mark my words!
                      Anyway I was wondering what is the best method to get rid of aphids without damaging my herticultural wonders?

I was thinking about getting some ladybirds?

Mike
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Ladybirds? Are you Amish?

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
                          Ladybirds? Are you Amish?
                          No I'm Peckish
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Bird flu?

Comment

Possibly, i took the kids to East Park on Sunday with my father, and was amazed to see the park lake frozen.

Better still were the birds attempts to try and catch the bread whilst skating on ice!!

It was like a game on "Takeshi's Castle"

We were surrounded by loads of ducks, geese, pigeons, and seagulls so i might have caught it.

I fancy an egg, does that make me a canibal?
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                                No I'm Peckish

Gregory's disease?

Comment

Working...
                                X