Bombsight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombsight

Explore the London Blitz through our website. Discover London during WW2 bombing raids, exploring maps, images and memories. The Bomb Sight web map and mobile app reveals WW2 bomb census maps between 7/10/1940 and 06/06/1941, previously available only by viewing them in the Reading Room of The National Archives.

I thought this was quite interesting. there's an article about it in today's Daily Mail.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Hi Colin.

I was looking at the bomb sites. Some are in so tight a line it looks to me like they were dropped from a single plane.

By the way, yesterday was the 71st anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day.

Fewer and fewer WWII veterans left every year.

I do think they are "the greatest generation".

Cheers,
    Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Fewer and fewer WWII veterans left every year.

I do think they are "the greatest generation".

Cheers,
      Archaic
      So do I!

Regards, Bridewell.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I will tell any politicians asking me for my vote that they must wait while I let 70 years elapse, after which I will conduct a review and then subject them to an eligibility study....after which I might or might not vote for them. The trouble is, I will be dead at the end of that time (definitely) as will the politicians (hopefully).

More than 65 years after the end of the Second World War, British veterans of two of the conflict’s deadliest campaigns have finally received official recognition for their sacrifices.

Comment

Here Here Robert!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X