Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper :Casebook

Whats up everyone,
    I was at Barnes and Noble earlier tonight and made my way over to the True Crime section. I glanced around and ,lo and behold, a new Jack the Ripper book on its top shelf. Its called Jack the Ripper Casebook and is a black picturebook with an overview of the case. Whats different about this book is it comes with facsimiles of actual ripper letters, police reports and autopsy reports. I didn't want to pull everything out of the pockets and mess them up but it looked VERY cool.I saw the 'Saucy Jack' postcard on top of one of the see through pockets. Kind of like you can sift through recreations of the documents and become a home detective (though I doubt it comes wih a kidney in the Lusk letter ha) I didn't buy it, it was getting late and the store was about to close, but I probably will soon. Has anyone else seen this book in stores?
    Jordan

Yes, I bought it for the photos and facsimiles... a good introductory book to give people a 'feel' for the case and the social conditions at the time... despite a couple of factual errors.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

There's a short discussion about this book here:

Comment

Thats cool I'll probably just get it for the documents anyways. Man those are cool! I can't wait to show them to my cousin and see his reaction. 'Where did you get those?' ha
        Jordan

Comment

I've always thought the documents, letters, and newspaper reproductions were good props to use in case anyone ever wanted to make a JTR short film.
          I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

It's the Richard Jones- I have it here- a lovely coffee table book with an interesting presentation- and the facsimiles are highly attractive...OK there are a few factual problems but at the end of the day it deserves a place on every Ripperologist's bookcase.
            Suzi
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Yep, I've got that book too. Bought it from The Works in Stratford upon Avon about 3 months ago for £6.99. Not sure if The Works still have copies now.
              JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
              JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
              ---------------------------------------------------
              JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
              ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X