m.o. and the serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m.o. and the serial

Within the limited understanding we now possess on serials there are two broad nomenclatures. The organized and the disorganized. M.O. for organized killers is a much more static charicteristic than for disorganized serials. In part this has to do with the killers motivation for killing, and in part it is pragmatism. Within the organized category killers are not as radically disassociated from reality, and pay attention to external (to themselves) concerns, such as time at the crime scene, enviromental noises such as people moving about, and detection avoidance concerns. As such, the method, including weapon of choice is more static (unchanging) because with each subsequent attack the weapon demonstrates itself to be effective for the killers purpose.
    The disorganized variety ( JtR) is much more divorced from his surrounding enviroment (reality) and internally (fantasy ) driven. Such killers will appear as risk averse individuals in their methodologies because within their own mind, they are quite disconnected from their surroundings (reality). Similarly, weapon type, and usage are subject not to external concerns, but to the fantasy within the mind of the killer. If the killer fantasises about moving from a chainsaw to fudgebars as a weapon, you may rest assured that is exactly what will transpire. I contend that attack type, weapon and mutilation existed in the variable portion of Jack's fantasy and subsequently are dynamic features of his m.o. I rather suspect that the pushed up clothing existed in the non variable state within his mind, and far from being overtly sexual as we conceptualize it, to him it was a manner degradation akin to the modern spitting on someones grave. Hope this helps. Live Strong Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

I suspect the organised/disorganised dichotomy is rather useless for JTR.

Comment

Working...
    X