An experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
    Well your interpretations haven't helped you to find the killer, Pierre, so why should we believe in your obviously hopeless interpretations?
    You should not believe in me, David. I just try to live with all this.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      You should not believe in me, David.
      I will do my best Pierre. I will do my very best.

Comment

I will do my best Pierre. I will do my very best.
        Good. Then you can start with ignoring everything I write here. It will save us both a lot of time.

You can invest that time in your newspapers.

I can invest that time in the archives.

Comment

Good. Then you can start with ignoring everything I write here. It will save us both a lot of time.

You can invest that time in your newspapers.

I can invest that time in the archives.
          Have you ever actually been to the National Archives in London Pierre? Or the London Metropolitan Archives? Or any archives which might hold papers relevant to the 1888 murders?

Because in all the time you've posted on the board I don't recall you referencing a single document directly from any archives anywhere in the world.

Comment

Have you ever actually been to the National Archives in London Pierre? Or the London Metropolitan Archives? Or any archives which might hold papers relevant to the 1888 murders?

Because in all the time you've posted on the board I don't recall you referencing a single document directly from any archives anywhere in the world.
            The archives is my own little secret. In due time you will get the results, David. Whatever they may be.

Comment

The archives is my own little secret. In due time you will get the results, David. Whatever they may be.
              Funnily enough, Pierre, having had a good opportunity over a number of months to assess your abilities as a "historian" and problem solver, I'm confident I already know the results.

Comment

• I can't wait to read about the fruits of your labour Pierre. I just hope it's worth the wait!
                Best regards.
                wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

Funnily enough, Pierre, having had a good opportunity over a number of months to assess your abilities as a "historian" and problem solver, I'm confident I already know the results.
                  Funnily enough, I have had a good opportunity over a number of months to assess the abilities of various people who have been trying to find Jack the Ripper for 128 years without managing to do so. I know the result.

Comment

• Originally posted by wigngown View Post
                    I can't wait to read about the fruits of your labour Pierre. I just hope it's worth the wait!
                    Best regards.
                    Thank you.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Funnily enough, I have had a good opportunity over a number of months to assess the abilities of various people who have been trying to find Jack the Ripper for 128 years without managing to do so. I know the result.
                      I have two responses to that comment Pierre.

Firstly, if you truly wanted to assess the abilities of people who have been trying to find Jack the Ripper for 128 years you would have read some of the books published over the last 128 years which claim to have found him yet, from what you have told us, you haven't actually read any (considering that neither of the two books you tell us you have read on the subject claim to have done this).

Secondly, not every member of this forum has been "trying to find" Jack the Ripper and, just so that you are not in any doubt, I have not spent any time trying to do so other than in asking you to reveal his identity, a question to which I am quite sure I will never receive a satisfactory answer.

Comment

In fact the only documents I recall him citing are from Evans and Skinner or dissertations etc here on Casebook.

You see frm the beginning I have believed he is making it up a he goes.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          In fact the only documents I recall him citing are from Evans and Skinner or dissertations etc here on Casebook.

You see frm the beginning I have believed he is making it up a he goes.
                          In a post in December last year he said "I have only read Sugden's book". He then got himself a copy of Evans & Skinner earlier this year. But that seems to be all the reading he has ever done on this case, other than googling and reading the articles on this site.

Comment

In a post in December last year he said "I have only read Sugden's book". He then got himself a copy of Evans & Skinner earlier this year. But that seems to be all the reading he has ever done on this case, other than googling and reading the articles on this site.
                            Hello David,

Yes, this is obviously the level of extensive research you would expect from someone presenting themselves as an academic historian!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                              Hello David,

Yes, this is obviously the level of extensive research you would expect from someone presenting themselves as an academic historian!
                              Since you seem to think I should read ripperological books I am sure you can recommend some relevant books:

1. How many of those books are written by academic historians?

2. What are the titles of the books written by those academic historians?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Since you seem to think I should read ripperological books I am sure you can recommend some relevant books:

1. How many of those books are written by academic historians?

2. What are the titles of the books written by academic historians?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X