Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans Will Drink 325 Million Gallons of Beer Watching the Super Bowl This Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans Will Drink 325 Million Gallons of Beer Watching the Super Bowl This Sunday

c.d.

It was reported on our news that the price of chicken wings has gone through the roof, ...that was scrap meat when I was a kid.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      It was reported on our news that the price of chicken wings has gone through the roof, ...that was scrap meat when I was a kid.
      ...and the article says that Americans are expected to eat 1.23 billion wings on Sunday. They have gotten pretty pretty popular over the years.

c.d.

Comment

Americans always eat during the Super Bowl. Even the players eat during the Super Bowl. That's why the game keeps stopping and starting.

Comment

Isn't that like only an average if a gallon each, for a game that last 4+ hours
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            ...and the article says that Americans are expected to eat 1.23 billion wings on Sunday. They have gotten pretty pretty popular over the years.

c.d.
            Again isn't than only about 4 wings each on average.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

BTW when you say wings do you mean a whole wing (two joints between 3 segments) or the whole wing.

I have noticed over the last few years a drift towards just a segment of the wing (seems to be driven by the big chains like the Colonel etc) whereas it used to be that if you got a wing you got a whole wing.

Now we are into the BIG issues.
              G U T

Comment

I prefer boneless wings, myself. Don't like the traditional Buffalo sauce, though. And not a beer drinker, sorry.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Oh no the great chicken wing talk every superbowl.....ok being from Buffalo and being fat....I am a bit of a wing expert and all I can say is....what's the big deal....1.23 billion wings...in Buffalo we call that "an average Friday".....seriously, people outside of Buffalo have no idea how many wings are eaten here.....it's not like other places where the food they are famous for is what only the tourists eat....but here Wings are I believe 3 of the 4 major food groups......sadly I can not eat them anymore (well almost never....I do give in now and again)....and right about now I REALLY WANT SOME WINGS!!

Plus the crap they sell in most places called "Buffalo Wings" really suck....sorry the rest of the country / world.....we may never win a superbowl ( but we did lose 4 in a row.....still a record)...but nobody beats our wings....even the ones we consider " bad" here are a billion times better then anyplace else....

Ok off the wing soap box....and no GUT you should never put Vegemite on wings......

The problem with the beer drinking during the game is way too many drunk drivers....so please everyone be safe this Sunday and enjoy the game...and do your best to not drink and drive or let others drink and drive...

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                    Oh no the great chicken wing talk every superbowl.....ok being from Buffalo and being fat....I am a bit of a wing expert and all I can say is....what's the big deal....1.23 billion wings...in Buffalo we call that "an average Friday".....seriously, people outside of Buffalo have no idea how many wings are eaten here.....it's not like other places where the food they are famous for is what only the tourists eat....but here Wings are I believe 3 of the 4 major food groups......sadly I can not eat them anymore (well almost never....I do give in now and again)....and right about now I REALLY WANT SOME WINGS!!

Plus the crap they sell in most places called "Buffalo Wings" really suck....sorry the rest of the country / world.....we may never win a superbowl ( but we did lose 4 in a row.....still a record)...but nobody beats our wings....even the ones we consider " bad" here are a billion times better then anyplace else....

Ok off the wing soap box....and no GUT you should never put Vegemite on wings......

The problem with the beer drinking during the game is way too many drunk drivers....so please everyone be safe this Sunday and enjoy the game...and do your best to not drink and drive or let others drink and drive...

Steadmund Brand

Sorry to tell you steady but my women do actually put veggie on choock pieces before they grill it. Yep including wings.

I was looking forward to watching super bowl tomorrow, but have Togo out so will miss it.
                    G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Sorry to tell you steady but my women do actually put veggie on choock pieces before they grill it. Yep including wings.

I was looking forward to watching super bowl tomorrow, but have Togo out so will miss it.
                      Don't worry gut. Vegemite will still suck.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Don't worry gut. Vegemite will still suck.
                        I'm not a huge Vegemite fan.

My daughter in the other hand has been known to eat it with a spoon.

The biggest mistake is putting it on too thick. Like jam or something. A smear is they way for newbies. Hot toast, butter and a scrape of Vegemite is good.

But it is good in cooking, if you'd add salt or soy sauce in a dish Vegemite is a good replacement.
                        G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          Isn't that like only an average if a gallon each, for a game that last 4+ hours
                          Only???? I now this isn't Australia but still a gallon of beer is about ten bottles. Actually many people consider that number quite inflated as it appears to include all Americans which would mean children, the elderly, sick people etc. are knocking back the suds as well.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                          X