No announcement yet.

Gun-Carrying Customers Get a Discount at Texas Barbecue Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wear a holster when you can shove it down the front of your pants and play "Where there be an accidental discharge today"? If more people lost that game we might all live in a slightly happier world.
    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
      Why wear a holster when you can shove it down the front of your pants and play "Where there be an accidental discharge today"? If more people lost that game we might all live in a slightly happier world.
      because in order for the carrying to be legal they must use a holster. I don't know why THAT doesn't violate their rights, but apparently it doesn't.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        because in order for the carrying to be legal they must use a holster. I don't know why THAT doesn't violate their rights, but apparently it doesn't.
        Probably because the only right is to bare arms. That's not interfered with by making them use a holster.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Probably because the only right is to bare arms. That's not interfered with by making them use a holster.
          it would not be interfered with by requiring lessons as well, or regulating the size clip you can use, or requiring someone to lock their car when they are storing a gun in it, but that's straight heresy.

Comment

all this talk about guns and holsters got me thinking of an incident that happened with me the other day.

As I was driving to a meeting at 10:00 in the morning I saw a man, obviously agitated and possibly under the influence of something, walking up the sidewalk screaming into his cell phone and waving around a machete, which was sheathed.

I called 911 and followed him. he was headed toward the elementary school where my nephew was. I had already decided that if he turned into the school yard I was going to take him out, with my car if able. luckily he walked past the school.

when the cops arrived they surrounded him with their cars, jumped out, drew guns on him, and he laid down and dropped the knife. they cuffed him and took him away.

My question is this?
            what law did he break and why were the police justified in their actions?

secondly if he had turned into the school and I ran him down would I have broken the law?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              all this talk about guns and holsters got me thinking of an incident that happened with me the other day.

As I was driving to a meeting at 10:00 in the morning I saw a man, obviously agitated and possibly under the influence of something, walking up the sidewalk screaming into his cell phone and waving around a machete, which was sheathed.

I called 911 and followed him. he was headed toward the elementary school where my nephew was. I had already decided that if he turned into the school yard I was going to take him out, with my car if able. luckily he walked past the school.

when the cops arrived they surrounded him with their cars, jumped out, drew guns on him, and he laid down and dropped the knife. they cuffed him and took him away.

My question is this?
              what law did he break and why were the police justified in their actions?

secondly if he had turned into the school and I ran him down would I have broken the law?
              Laws obviously vary country to country and state to state.

I know where I live there are laws against carrying knives without a reasonable excuse, so if where you are has a similar law there he goes.

Had you deliberately ran him down just for going into the school, yep I suspect you would have broken the law. Whilst many jurisdiction provide for force to protect yourself and others (some include property) you would have to establish that he was going to harm someone.

Now would you be charged and convicted another question altogether.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Laws obviously vary country to country and state to state.

I know where I live there are laws against carrying knives without a reasonable excuse, so if where you are has a similar law there he goes.

Had you deliberately ran him down just for going into the school, yep I suspect you would have broken the law. Whilst many jurisdiction provide for force to protect yourself and others (some include property) you would have to establish that he was going to harm someone.

Now would you be charged and convicted another question altogether.
                Thanks gut.
                I live in Maryland. If anyone else knows the answers please chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Thanks gut.
                  I live in Maryland. If anyone else knows the answers please chime in.
                  Not up on Meryland law sorry.
                  G U T

Comment

Wonder what weapon gets me a free feed???
                    G U T

Comment

In Tennessee you would definitely get slapped with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

And a knife more than five inches long is illegal here. A machete is in the grey area of that law, but if it is sheathed it is a concealed weapon. Learned that one the hard way during my days at the renaissance festival. Even a blunt sword in a sheath is a concealed weapon.

Comment

Are you sure that when the Founding Fathers wrote bare arms they weren`t advocating the wearing of the t-shirt ?

Comment

In Tennessee you would definitely get slapped with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

And a knife more than five inches long is illegal here. A machete is in the grey area of that law, but if it is sheathed it is a concealed weapon. Learned that one the hard way during my days at the renaissance festival. Even a blunt sword in a sheath is a concealed weapon.
                          Thanks Errata!

Comment

I'm wondering if they charged him with that or if cops are allowed to detain him for further evaluation like psychological.

I would also be remiss if I didn't say thank god for the police. They probably encounter thousands of incidents like this a day and take care of it without innocent people getting hurt (or the perpatrator). But of course you never hear about that!

Comment

His proximity to a school zone is a factor. If he was behaving angrily while carrying a machete, he could be detained and charged for intent to harm. Since there is no argument for it being used for a sport, work or event, even sheathed, you can't carry large fixed blades like a machete but you can have a folding pocket or penknife of any size concealed or open. Most of MD's blade laws are fairly archaic and use really outdated language.
                              Errata could wear a sword to the renfest in most counties. So there's that.
                              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                                His proximity to a school zone is a factor. If he was behaving angrily while carrying a machete, he could be detained and charged for intent to harm. Since there is no argument for it being used for a sport, work or event, even sheathed, you can't carry large fixed blades like a machete but you can have a folding pocket or penknife of any size concealed or open. Most of MD's blade laws are fairly archaic and use really outdated language.
                                Errata could wear a sword to the renfest in most counties. So there's that.
                                To be fair, I wasn't wearing one, I was carrying about 40 in my trunk which also counts as concealed carry here, and was probably a little alarming to the poor guy until I got out of my car and he saw my costume. I think somehow the pirate queen costume managed to make things less weird for him. First time that ever happened. But he ran through the law with me so I wouldn't get arrested for later trips.

You'd think they'd change the law, because we actually have measurable sword crime here.

But we also have zones around schools, like 100 yards where no misbehavior is tolerated. A dime bag in your pocket can turn into a felony charge by straying too close to schools. So menacing or disturbing the peace, which are usually nothing charges, get amped up in a school zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X