Gun-Carrying Customers Get a Discount at Texas Barbecue Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Errata View Post
    Ironic but earned hysterics really. I really do hate guns quite a lot.

But I had a bad experience with a gator that made me very grateful for a redneck with a gun. No gators were harmed (I don't think), but I have developed a deep seated resentment, shall we say, for the crocodillid race. They have every right to be what they are, but if I ever get yanked back towards a swamp again my "live and let live" philosophy will likely pop like a soap bubble. I'll probably be screaming "Kill It!" like a terrified little girl. It's not pretty, but there it is.

So if I'm fundamentally okay with with a drunk redneck saving my life with a gun (and he was drunk), then it's hypocritical of me to insist that others cannot have their lives save by a drunk redneck with a gun. At least when gators are involved, who don't respond to the usual battery of human defenses.
    Nice one, Miss E.
    Good to hear, I knew you were a good one !!
    Gators bad with humans but guns worst (or is it worse ?).

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      Nice one, Miss E.
      Good to hear, I knew you were a good one !!
      Gators bad with humans but guns worst (or is it worse ?).
      I hate it when my liberal values are compromised by my own selfish desire for life and limb. But that's really the essence of the argument isn't it? It's easy to hate guns until an alligator has a hold of your ridiculous dress. That's when it gets hard.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        I hate it when my liberal values are compromised by my own selfish desire for life and limb. But that's really the essence of the argument isn't it? It's easy to hate guns until an alligator has a hold of your ridiculous dress. That's when it gets hard.
        Just don`t live near alligators !!
        Who was there first ?

Comment

Giant alligators

Just don`t live near alligators !!
          Who was there first ?
          Easy to say, but they're getting bigger and in Florida roam golf courses!

Here's a story of a 15 footer captured and killed in Alabama (Errata may skip the link if she wishes to!)

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            Easy to say, but they're getting bigger and in Florida roam golf courses!

Here's a story of a 15 footer captured and killed in Alabama (Errata may skip the link if she wishes to!)

http://koin.com/2014/08/18/giant-all...labama-family/
            What can I say, Pat.
            Such an awesome creature. and they had to kill it.
            The human race really is a cancer on this beautiful planet.

Comment

What can I say, Pat.
              Very true, Jon. I remember when our high school participated in one of the first Earth Days, back in the early Seventies. We've tried to save the animals and environment all these years, and have had some successes, but so many challenges still remain.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

What can I say, Pat.
                note that they had the gator subdued and secured before they decided to kill it. You certainly don't tape a gator's jaws closed after they are already dead.

Comment

Me.

I say live and let live.

Now we don't have gators here.

But we do have great big nasty crocs, they let me be I'll let them be. But I take that attitude with most creatures, and we got some Nast ones here.

But they go to killing me and mine and it's good ole Chalie Darwin's ideas about survival of the strongest.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I find it strange.

Now I loved shooting when I was young, fit and had good eyesight. At one stage was considered a potential Olympian, but this walking around with guns in public really puzzles me.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      I find it strange.

Now I loved shooting when I was young, fit and had good eyesight. At one stage was considered a potential Olympian, but this walking around with guns in public really puzzles me.
                      It's just standard knee jerk crap for the most part. Public displays of stupidity from both sides of gun screaming, because lets face it there is little to no actual discussion from either side, are great at it. The difference is one side shows their knee jerk crap online, the other does it at Starbucks. Yes, venti skinny quadruple shot raspberry mango mocha frappichinos really do taste better when you have a large gun in your hand!
                      What's really weird is going to an open carry state and just seeing folks just going about their day with a leg or shoulder holster. It takes some getting used to.
                      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                        It's just standard knee jerk crap for the most part. Public displays of stupidity from both sides of gun screaming, because lets face it there is little to no actual discussion from either side, are great at it. The difference is one side shows their knee jerk crap online, the other does it at Starbucks. Yes, venti skinny quadruple shot raspberry mango mocha frappichinos really do taste better when you have a large gun in your hand!
                        What's really weird is going to an open carry state and just seeing folks just going about their day with a leg or shoulder holster. It takes some getting used to.
                        I bet it takes some getting used to.
                        G U T

Comment

I was always taught, "you only point your gun at something you intend to shoot" and "You only take your gun if you intend to shoot something".
                          G U T

Comment

That's usually the rules of thumb. They are good ones.
                            About half of US states allow open carry and except for a handful of places it has usually just been one of those things you could do but most didn't. Lately it goes back to the stupidity of certain people suddenly embracing it because its their way to push back against cultural attitudes held by some. Though I live close to a West Virginia and they have always just liked wearing their guns publically there. Always have, no clue why.
                            I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                              That's usually the rules of thumb. They are good ones.
                              About half of US states allow open carry and except for a handful of places it has usually just been one of those things you could do but most didn't. Lately it goes back to the stupidity of certain people suddenly embracing it because its their way to push back against cultural attitudes held by some. Though I live close to a West Virginia and they have always just liked wearing their guns publically there. Always have, no clue why.
                              Nowadays I struggle to see the end of the gun let alone the target.

Just can't imagine everyone walking around with a gun on display.

But we've had strict hand gun laws for more or less ever and strict long gun laws since at least '96.
                              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                I was always taught, "you only point your gun at something you intend to shoot" and "You only take your gun if you intend to shoot something".
                                You'd be amazed t how few of these people know how to deal with their guns when they have to drop their pants in a restroom. I have on five occasions had a gun skid into my stall because my neighbor forgot it was on their belt. There are holsters that prevent it, but apparently no one is buying them.

Comment

Working...
                                X