No announcement yet.

Tomorrow we may know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did he conclude that the Ripper was some persson or perssons unknown?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      .. only the loonies with unsubstantiated, outlandish theories.
      Hello John,

Meaning WHOM exactly? WHO are these 'loonies' that you have now referred to whilst quoting me on two different threads in two postings, the first having been deleted as off topic ?

Leif G W Persson has an excellent reputation as a Criminologist. He is outspoken but has given his considerable knowledge and ability to many a lost cause in unsolved crime.
      He doesn't 'toe the line' and because of that would indeed 'ruffle a few feathers' on Casebook.

Regards

Phil
      Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-20-2012, 12:53 PM.
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        So did he conclude that the Ripper was some persson or perssons unknown?
        Hello Robert,

Sadly, the pun doesn't work acoustically as 'Persson' is pronounced as 'Pairsson' or 'Pearsson'.

More likely 2 fruiteers, unknown. LOL

Best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Phil, it would work for the Scots among us.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
            Hei igjen Carol,

Yes! Now I recall it. He was interviewed on tv about it after I believe a newspaper article.
            If he joined Casebook- ive a feeling some feathers would be ruffled- lol.

Thanks for asking re health. Better but just ok.

Håper alt er bra med deg og dine!

Best wishes

Phil
            Hej Phil,

Persson would certainly ruffle some feathers on Casebook! He can be very controversial in his thinking and conclusions.

I'm very glad to hear your health is better than it was - but 'just ok' isn't good enough, young man. Next time I ask I will expect to hear, at least, of a 'great improvement'!

Tack, vi mår bara bra!

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
              Hej Phil,

Persson would certainly ruffle some feathers on Casebook! He can be very controversial in his thinking and conclusions.

I'm very glad to hear your health is better than it was - but 'just ok' isn't good enough, young man. Next time I ask I will expect to hear, at least, of a 'great improvement'!

Tack, vi mår bara bra!

Carol
              Hello Carol,

'young man'= great improvement! haha!

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
                I am intrigued that Swedish TV has made a series about British murders. I don't recall the British making a series about Swedish murders.

Don't the Swedes have enough murders of their own?

Hi Helena,

The Swedes are very much 'into' English murder series, both real case and fiction. Also English detective books. We've just finished seeing a short series of 'Midsomer Murders' with the new detective (Barnaby's cousin).

Yes, we unfortunately do have enough murders of our own!

Carol

Comment

aye

Hello Phil, Robert. I was going to make a humourous remark about Scots' pronunciations, but Robert beat me to the punch.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hello Carol,

'young man'= great improvement! haha!

best wishes

Phil
                    Hello Phil,

Thought that might cheer you up!

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Phil, it would work for the Scots among us.
                      Hello Robert,

You might not believe this, but our Pitman's shorthand teacher was a lovely lady from Edinburgh. Being a Scot she pronounced her 'e's' as 'air'. So when I read your earlier post I actually read it as 'pairsson' (Swedish/Scottish pronunciation), thought your joke was very clever, and didn't even think about the English pronunciation until I read Phil's post.

Carol

P.S. Just re-read the above and I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!

Comment

Yes Carol, I understand. Thanks!

Comment

Meaning WHOM exactly? WHO are these 'loonies' that you have now referred to whilst quoting me on two different threads in two postings, the first having been deleted as off topic ?
                          Sorry, I meant just the one loony, some kind of paranoia, I believe.

Yes, I`ve seen my post was deleted. I think that was a first for me, and as such, I cannot reveal the identity of the particular loony to which I was referring.

Leif G W Persson has an excellent reputation as a Criminologist. He is outspoken but has given his considerable knowledge and ability to many a lost cause in unsolved crime.
                          So let`s hope he applies this reputation and considerable knowledge to current cases which can still be solved.

He doesn't 'toe the line' and because of that would indeed 'ruffle a few feathers' on Casebook.
                          I believe new evidence would be welcomed with open arms by all.

Ruffle feathers? Is this your supposed, "outsider" view of Ripperology rearing it`s head once again? That magic roundabout the rest of us are all hanging onto for our lives?

Me, I don`t have a theory or suspect. If the case is solved and everyone`s gone home, I`ll still be here gazing at the photos of Old Montague St and Thrawl St, and trying to find the biographical details of the likes of James Blenkingsop and Miss Paumier. There might even be a undisputed photo of Abberline or Billy Grant Grainger out there.

I wonder if Persson would advance us in this way?

The case needs researchers not criminologists.

... but yes, I did see the programme, and Persson was an interesting presenter.

Comment

Working...
                          X