No announcement yet.

Screaming Lord Sutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully with no Jagger vocals in the second movement.

Comment

There I was,tugging and pushing!!!

Hi all,
      No, I don't have Ella Fitzgerald in a box...
      I have an amount of the small 78's in a card box of stronger card but similar to the covers the 78's come in..it has writing on it, music company or shop.
      Philip,
      Have PM'd you with the details,so that the thread isn't thrown off topic.
      BTW, I should have put David Jones with Bowie in brackets,I didn't think.This would be pre 1964,'cause Gerry was only a young teenager still at school.Will ask him over the weekend.

Comment

Jimarilyn,
        Thanks for the pointers,sounds like you appreciate all types of music,as I do...cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post

These are great stories! I'm loving this thread.

Limehouse - I would be surprised if the film WAS 'Live It Up', as there's no small kids in it from what I remember. Maybe you were going to be written in?!

My dad saw the film at the cinema in London when it came out. I think it was supporting the Norman Wisdom film 'A Stitch In Time'.
          Hi Philip,

Ah, this is where I come in. I was at primary school with the little girl who played the patient in 'A Stitch In Time', who was made to laugh (God knows how - she must have been a gifted actress!) by Nutty Norman. Her name was Lucy Appleby and she was a real sweetie. I have no idea what happened to her.

Another schoolmate (at Godolphin & Latymer, circa 1966, when we were 12) played one of Frankie Howerd's daughters in The Great St.Trinian's Train Robbery. If I recall correctly her name was Susan Jones and she was later expelled. So they cast her well. Can't find her on any cast list though, so I don't know what that's all about. She was definitely in the film.

Matron from the Carry Ons - Hattie Jaques - also went to my school but just a wee bit before my time.

I groan when I hear about 78s, as my dad used to play them all the time (anything from Ain't it Grand to be Bloomin' Well Dead to the White Horse Inn or Poet & Peasant) and I have a loft packed high with boxes and boxes of them. One day I will try to go through them and let you know what I've got if you are interested. We have at least two 'contraptions' to play the things on, including an old wind-up gramophone.

I'm a Beatles child, me.

And the Kinks.

And Dusty.

And Cream.

Oh and the original Fleetwood Mac.

And....too many other goodies to mention.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Caz,

Glad someone else likes the original Fleetwood Mac. There is no comparing the Peter Green days with what came after. They are just two different groups in my opinion.

Hubbie and I saw Peter Green in concert a few years back here is Peterborough and it was a superb performance.

Comment

If it's Kinks you want, Caz....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hi Robert,

Thanks, but I think I prefer the original.

You Got Me by the 'Ollies. (Or at least, it should have been by them.)

Hi Limehouse,

Sadly I can't say the same for the performance Peter Green gave when hubby and I saw him with BB King in Croydon a few years ago. We really thought he had lost the plot when BB invited him to do a bit of jammin' and Peter's efforts were cringeworthy in the extreme. But I have heard of others who have seen him elsewhere in recent years and, like you, said he was superb. So he must have been having one hell of an off-night in Croydon (not that anyone could blame him for that ).

One of my faves of all time is Need Your Love So Bad.

Love,

Caz
                X

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  As we noted in Ripperologist 89, Ray Davies is working on a Rippah musical. I have to say that while I am a fan of the Kinks and Mr Davies, I was disappointed with the sample track from the show in progress included on his 2007 CD, Working Man's Cafe, titled "I, The Victim" described as a "Rough Mix From the Upcoming project called 'Ripper.'"

Chris
                  Christopher T. George
                  Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                  just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                  For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                  RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Hi Chris

Maybe Ray Davies should re-release "A Well Suspected Man."

Caz, you may have seen Peter Green in Croydon a few years ago - but where was Peter Green at the time?

Robert

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

'Dedicated Follower Of Fashion Street'.

PHILIP
                      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again.

'Dedicated Follower Of Fashion Street'.

PHILIP

Or maybe "A Delicate Flower of Fashion"
                        Christopher T. George
                        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                          Or maybe "A Delicate Flower of Fashion"
                          ...or, like Joe Barnett, a "Desolated Boweller of Poissons".
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Or maybe if he liked creamed potatoes " A dessicated wallower of mashing"

Comment

Ooh you plundered my idea before I could use it, jimarilyn.

I love cocktails made with coconut and tropical juices, so I'm a:

Dessicated Swallower of Passion.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Drug addict James Maybrick : a medicated swallower of poison.

Comment

Working...
                                X