No announcement yet.

Could he have taken her blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original poster's idea is awesome. Loved it. Way out of the box, explains the differences with the Torso killings, and it would make an excellent piece of fiction. Of course I don't believe it, but what a story. A real Dr. Frankenstein.

Somebody else mentioned this but it is worth a repeat. I wouldn't take the blood first. That seems odd.

Comment

The idea of building a homunculus from missing parts is a great one, but I'm not sure how practical it would have been, even using black magic. I agree with others that the blood would be the last thing to take, as it would go 'thick like glue' in a couple of days. Also, I'm not sure what plans the killer would have been working from...as far as I can tell, any creature built from the missing torso and ripper body parts would have three uteri and four thighs but only one pelvis, one kidney (or even half) but nowhere to put it, three arms, two hearts and four heads. Maybe they were spares, though, or interchangeable....was he building Worzel Gummidge?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
        was he building Worzel Gummidge?
        That's a straw-man argument if ever I saw one
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I suppose the torso killer could have been into eccentric interior decoration like Ed Gein. Didn't that individual have skulls on his bedposts and a skin from a human face as a lampshade?

As far as Jack is concerned I believe he may well have eaten what he wanted (the piece of kidney and the heart) and perhaps kept the uterus as a souvenir until it rotted and he had to throw it out.

Comment

You should ask Errata about those details, Rosella. She has a fascinating thread somewhere about the psychology of Jack as the various insane suspects (primarily Kosminski, I think), and compares JtR and Gein, among other 20th century serialists.
            I do know that Gein flayed his victims, and that a book about his crimes inspired Hitchcock to make "Psycho".

Both Jack and the Torso Killer (if they were killed) seemed to have been into strange stuff, if they were stabbing, hacking, ripping, and dismembering just "for jolly", but it seems almost tame compared to more modern killers.
            Last edited by Pcdunn; 08-17-2015, 05:54 PM. Reason: left out a word
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              it seems almost tame compared to more modern killers.
              I wouldn't call anything The Ripper or The Torso Killer did tame.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                I wouldn't call anything The Ripper or The Torso Killer did tame.
                Not by Victorian standards, certainly, to look at the worldwide fascination with the contemporary news reports, both at time and still today.

As far as we know, the Ripper didn't torture his victims-- does anyone know if MJK had been strangled first, like the others?
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

As far as we know, the Ripper didn't torture his victims-- does anyone know if MJK had been strangled first, like the others?
                  The ecchymosis noted on her neck could be the result of bruising consistent with the use of a cord, but as the lacerations across her throat are not sufficiently detailed then some of the cuts cannot be ruled out as a cause.
                  Though I think more likely the former than the latter.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    The ecchymosis noted on her neck could be the result of bruising consistent with the use of a cord, but as the lacerations across her throat are not sufficiently detailed then some of the cuts cannot be ruled out as a cause.
                    Though I think more likely the former than the latter.
                    Thank you, Wickerman. I surely hope MJK was dead when the killer started dissecting her.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      [B]But the blood could and would not have collected anywhere in the body. There was only one place where the major part of the blood could go, and that was into the abdominal cavity.
                      But that's a cavity, Fish, not loose tissue. I'm pretty certain that Llewellyn would have said that the blood collected "in the abdominal cavity" if that's indeed where it was. But he isn't recorded to have said anything remotely similar, and no summarising reporter would have conceived of using "loose tissues" as a synonym for a body cavity.

Besides, I can't see how the majority of spilled blood could have drained into the cuts to Polly's abdomen - which, let's not forget, didn't exactly lay her open as happened in later murders. Furthermore, she was so small-framed that any cuts to her (thinnish) belly wall wouldn't have lost much blood anyway. Certainly not the sort of blood flow that might be expected to wet the the pavement. "Ooze" at best.

Anyhow, let's leave it at that for now. I've stated my side of the argument, and you yours. On to more fruitful things, me old mucker
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Sam Flynn: But that's a cavity, Fish, not loose tissue. I'm pretty certain that Llewellyn would have said that the blood collected "in the abdominal cavity" if that's indeed where it was.

He did - in other articles.

Besides, I can't see how the majority of spilled blood could have drained into the cuts to Polly's abdomen - which, let's not forget, didn't exactly lay her open as happened in later murders.

There were a number of cuts, small and large - ergo, the abdomen was opened up. We also have it on record that Llewellyn said that all of the vital organs in the abdominal cavity had been very seriously (lethally) damaged, and so we can safely rely on a large number of arteries and veins having been severed. So even if Nichols was not "laid open" as in the other murders (and let´s face it, we know little about how open she was laid), we still have:
                        - a number of larger or smaller cuts to the abdomen.
                        - severed vessels inside the abdomen.
                        -An abdominal cavity that could accomodate the blood leaking out from these vessels.

Furthermore, she was so small-framed that any cuts to her (thinnish) belly wall wouldn't have lost much blood anyway. Certainly not the sort of blood flow that might be expected to wet the the pavement. "Ooze" at best.

But it was not just the belly wall that was cut, was it? All the vital organs of the abdomen had been attacked and damaged, and they would have produced a lot of blood. For all we know, the main artery of the body may have been severed. Such things bleed, you know. A lot! One minute or so and the body is drained.
                        Besides - if the blood did not go into the loose tissues arising from the cutting of the abdomen - there where DID it go??? Litres of it????

Anyhow, let's leave it at that for now. I've stated my side of the argument, and you yours. On to more fruitful things, me old mucker

Yes, let´s!

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                          But it was not just the belly wall that was cut, was it? All the vital organs of the abdomen had been attacked and damaged
                          No, the source, as I recall it, says "he attacked all the vital parts". That's it; there's no mention anywhere of the killer attacking "all the vital organs of the abdomen" at all. Stop making things up, puh-lease! Or at least, please desist from presenting conjecture as if they were "fact".

Happy to discuss with you on another thread, because I won't reply on this one. I only did so in this case because you came back with that mind-boggling assertion.

Sorry for all the "attacks and damage" I've inflicted on this thread. God knows I had my reasons!
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            No, the source, as I recall it, says "he attacked all the vital parts". That's it; there's no mention anywhere of the killer attacking "all the vital organs of the abdomen" at all. Stop making things up, puh-lease! Or at least, please desist from presenting conjecture as if they were "fact".

Happy to discuss with you on another thread, because I won't reply on this one. I only did so in this case because you came back with that mind-boggling assertion.

Sorry for all the "attacks and damage" I've inflicted on this thread. God knows I had my reasons!
                            ... and I only respond because you say I "make things up", Gareth. Here´s the quote:

The murderer must have had some rough anatomical knowledge, for he seemed to have attacked all the vital parts.

The killer attacked two (2) areas on the body. The neck and the abdomen. In doing so, he attacked "all the vital parts".

Where do YOU think these vital parts were situated?

My take on things is that these vital parts were attacked as a direct result of the killer´s onslaught on the abdomen. Actually, I cannot see any other explanation. Actually, there can BE no other explanation.

If we cannot have a more intelligible discussion than one based on idle quibble, then we are - once again - only wasting time. Sorry.

Oh, and goodnight. Again.

Comment

Not by Victorian standards, certainly, to look at the worldwide fascination with the contemporary news reports, both at time and still today.

Well the actual murders the C5 with the possible exception of Liz Stride and the Torso Murders are pretty brutal even by todays standards.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                                Well the actual murders the C5 with the possible exception of Liz Stride and the Torso Murders are pretty brutal even by todays standards.
                                Agreed.
                                ---------------
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X