Place of birth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place of birth?

Can anyone throw any definitive light on Mary Ann Walker (Nichols)'s place of birth? Various sources seem to suggest either Dawes Court, off Shoe Lane (including her Casebook victim page) or Dean Street, off Fetter Lane (including my copy of the A-Z)? Also, does anyone know if either of these places (Dean Street or Dawes Court) still exist (obviously Fetter Lane and Shoe Lane still are).

Many thanks.

Hi,

according to *on my opinion* Neal Shelden's definitive work on the Victims of JtR (which I just happen to have to hand!) she was born at Dawes Court, off Shoe Lane.

In all seriousness (and I even thought this when I was still jdpegg) if you want to know about the Victims of Jack, Mr Shelden's book is probably the best place to begin.

Jenni (Shelden )
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

If anyone knows it'll be Jenni and Neal!!!
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Many thanks Jenni (and Neal) - Shoe Lane is the one I decided to go with on my last trip in the absence of any replies and so I am pleased to hear that!

And rest assured that Neal's book is definitely on my 'wish list' for the near future.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
          Many thanks Jenni (and Neal) - Shoe Lane is the one I decided to go with on my last trip in the absence of any replies and so I am pleased to hear that!

And rest assured that Neal's book is definitely on my 'wish list' for the near future.

Thanks again.
          tnb,

No, not near future. Go get it now. If you are looking into the victims this is THE book.

Its one of my valued research books and certainly one of the must haves.

See you in April by the way.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hello Monty!

I guess, I should then check the English section in our bookstores!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Shoe Lane today (well, last month) for anyone who may be interested. I think it is safe to say very few original features remain!

Comment

Working...
              X