Help the technologically disadvantaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Admin, this is probably a stupid question but can you tell me what the two red lights are beneath Assistant Commisioner and my name? It looks like a battery charging signal. I appear to be the only poster with these red lights.

Thanks.
    That's the "Reputation" indicator, apparently. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ons_reputation briefly discusses it. You seem more reputable than the rest of us.

When I park a cursor over yours, I get "will be famous soon enough". The rest of us (apart from Spryder's, which is disabled) have "is on a distinguished road".
    - Ginger

Comment

Thanks for that Ginger but it’s as clear as mud to me. I have an iPad and when I touch on the indicator I get nothing.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Thanks for that Ginger but it’s as clear as mud to me. I have an iPad and when I touch on the indicator I get nothing.
        You won't with a touchscreen device, no, whether iOS or Android. I gave the cursor hover messages because you'd said earlier that you used a phone and an iPad, so I knew you'd not see them, and thought that they were mildly interesting.

What that "Reputation" bar apparently shows is the result of some calculation involving the number of posts you've made compared to the number of "likes" you've received. You've got a couple likes in the Julia Wallace thread, which may be the cause of that. On the other hand, as you seem to be the only one with a non-default score, it may be that the system isn't fully operational yet. Regardless, more coloured boxes are better.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

You won't with a touchscreen device, no, whether iOS or Android. I gave the cursor hover messages because you'd said earlier that you used a phone and an iPad, so I knew you'd not see them, and thought that they were mildly interesting.

What that "Reputation" bar apparently shows is the result of some calculation involving the number of posts you've made compared to the number of "likes" you've received. You've got a couple likes in the Julia Wallace thread, which may be the cause of that. On the other hand, as you seem to be the only one with a non-default score, it may be that the system isn't fully operational yet. Regardless, more coloured boxes are better.
          Cheers Ginger.

i didn’t notice any likes. It was a good idea to get my mum to join the Forum though
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Cheers Ginger.

i didn’t notice any likes. It was a good idea to get my mum to join the Forum though
            The likes are down at the bottom right. Click on your avatar to show a list of your recent posts, and you can see those there.
            - Ginger

Comment

I could have sworn my one said 'is tramping back from a fruitless visit to Kent.'

Comment

Something inexplicable (to me at least) keeps happening when I’m writing a post. A message often appears saying: Invalid Server Respone. Please try again.

Ive been experiencing no issues with typing or posting at all and when this message appears I simply click ok and continue. I’ve noticed though that I have to re-enter my password before posting (even on relatively short posts. It’s just an irritation. Does anyone know what might be causing it and if I can do anything (simple) about it? This is only occurring on Casebook by the way. I have an iPad if that’s at all relevant.

All that said it looks like I’m going to get to the end of this post without it happening. Bloody witchcraft!
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Something inexplicable (to me at least) keeps happening when I’m writing a post. A message often appears saying: Invalid Server Respone. Please try again.

Ive been experiencing no issues with typing or posting at all and when this message appears I simply click ok and continue. I’ve noticed though that I have to re-enter my password before posting (even on relatively short posts. It’s just an irritation. Does anyone know what might be causing it and if I can do anything (simple) about it? This is only occurring on Casebook by the way. I have an iPad if that’s at all relevant.

All that said it looks like I’m going to get to the end of this post without it happening. Bloody witchcraft!
                  I assumed it was a site glitch, happens to me also. I am on a laptop, so don't think it is iPad specific. Not much help, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

I assumed it was a site glitch, happens to me also. I am on a laptop, so don't think it is iPad specific. Not much help, sorry.
                    No problem Eten. It’s not causing me any real problems it’s just a bit irritating and I don’t want it to get worse. Maybe it will go away.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

No problem Eten. It’s not causing me any real problems it’s just a bit irritating and I don’t want it to get worse. Maybe it will go away.
                      Did you tick the 'remember me' box when you logged in ?
                      You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post

Did you tick the 'remember me' box when you logged in ?
                        To be honest Nick I didn’t. I’ll try it. Cheers.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

A bit strange?

There appears to be a thread called Candles Online India which I tried to view only for a page appearing telling me that I’m not authorised to view it? Anyone know what this is all about?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

A bit strange?

There appears to be a thread called Candles Online India which I tried to view only for a page appearing telling me that I’m not authorised to view it? Anyone know what this is all about?
                            It was spam, Admin deleted it.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thanks to Al and Gareth for both reporting that post.

I appreciate it.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

It was spam, Admin deleted it.
                                Cheers Al, I thought that there was some secret that no one wanted me to know about
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X