Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Hi caz
    I could see a row taking place, between her and her lover, during the tire change, after probably an already tension heightened meeting (seems he showed up /called unannounced) and she tells him its over , screams at him probably, at which point he loses it.
    Something of the sort, Abby, yes. That does seem to tie off a few of the loose ends.

While any woman's head might be turned by a smooth talking charmer, all the while the charm was on show, I don't see Janice as someone who would suffer fools gladly or take any nonsense, if the charm evaporated and things got nasty. She died because her killer was physically stronger.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Last edited by caz; 10-09-2018, 04:28 AM.
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

questions

How long had Janice and her husband know each other before they got married and how long had they been married?

how old were they?

first marriage for both?
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        questions

How long had Janice and her husband know each other before they got married and how long had they been married?

how old were they?

first marriage for both?
        Janice was born in April 1947 and was 36 when murdered, Tony was aged 39 having been born in 1944.

They were married in early 1982 having lived together since 1979.

It was Janice's first marriage. Tony Weston married in 1969 and there were two children of the marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
          Janice was born in April 1947 and was 36 when murdered, Tony was aged 39 having been born in 1944.

They were married in early 1982 having lived together since 1979.

It was Janice's first marriage. Tony Weston married in 1969 and there were two children of the marriage.
          thanks Spitfire.

it would be interesting to know what happened in his first marriage, why they split and his first wifes opinion of him.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I have just found another podcast on this case from some time last year. I don't think there is any new information though and the author/presenter does seem to have some issues with the power dressing women of the 1980s.

He refers to the property Clopton Hall being on the market for £1.4 million and it would still seem to be on the market. I think, however, that what is being sold is part of what had once been owned by Tony and Janice Weston as it is described as being the central part of the principal dwelling.

If anyone is in the market for a country pile there is a video here. It looks rather nice and must have cost a lot of money to renovate.

Comment

Hi Spitfire,

The site your link took me to re: Clopton Hall is saying that it has been taken off the market, temporarily at least. The sale was, as you say, for part of the property, not the entire building. I wonder if Tony Weston had originally bought only part of it for renovation, or the whole thing. Not as old as I thought, either, built according to the advert in 1906. Would still suit me, sir.

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Hi Spitfire,

The site your link took me to re: Clopton Hall is saying that it has been taken off the market, temporarily at least. The sale was, as you say, for part of the property, not the entire building. I wonder if Tony Weston had originally bought only part of it for renovation, or the whole thing. Not as old as I thought, either, built according to the advert in 1906. Would still suit me, sir.

Graham
                Hi Graham,

You are quite right.

I have done a search to see if it had been sold but no sale appears to have been registered at the Land Registry.

S

Comment

Working...
                X