This doesn´t bode well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Do you really... REALLY think the Ripper was the kind of guy who could stop himself? That's a rhetorical question for our Lechmerian friend, in case you didn't know.

The Ripper wasn't a mere strangler or stabber, he was mutilating and eviscerating women in dangerous locales where he could be caught at any moment. Comparison with Rader is further undermined when we factor in that the Ripper committed the brunt of his murders over ten weeks, whereas Rader went months and even years without killing. This shows that Rader must have had a greater degree of self-control than the Ripper.

For what it's worth, I'd daresay it would also have been easier for Rader to maintain some semblance of normality while living in conservative, middle-class 20th century America, than it would for the Ripper in the slums of the Victorian East End.
    Yes I do.

Comment

So do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Do you really... REALLY think the Ripper was the kind of guy who could stop himself? That's a rhetorical question for our Lechmerian friend, in case you didn't know.

The Ripper wasn't a mere strangler or stabber, he was mutilating and eviscerating women in dangerous locales where he could be caught at any moment. Comparison with Rader is further undermined when we factor in that the Ripper committed the brunt of his murders over ten weeks, whereas Rader went months and even years without killing. This shows that Rader must have had a greater degree of self-control than the Ripper.

For what it's worth, I'd daresay it would also have been easier for Rader to maintain some semblance of normality while living in conservative, middle-class 20th century America, than it would for the Ripper in the slums of the Victorian East End.
        Rader was a slightly different case then most SKs. And you're right he was very self controlled. His lifestyle also allowed him a distraction from his fantasies, unlike others who's fantasies take over their lives(My opinion only).

The uni-bomber was very similar in his timelines and the Zodiac was also one who had some time in-between killings.

But it's very rare for a SK to completely stop if it's ever happened.I don't think that's ever been reported.

Lechmere's crimes may not have involved killing after a certain point in his life. It could've been the fantasies in his mind made him behave. Who knows? Albert Desalvo (the Boston Strangler) decided he didn't like killing anymore so he raped women instead.

It could be his family found out and threatened him if he continued. He may have continued in a different manner, it could be anything.

In any case I'm new to the forum so congrats on the work done Fisherman!

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
          I would agree - if anyone could name a serial killer who stopped killing and lived on to a ripe old age as a family man.

C4
          Okay, Curious and the rest of you who had problems believing in serialists stopping their murder sprees, it took three years - but how about Joseph deAngelo, the Golden State killer? 72 years old and a proven family man who held down his job for many years, before retiring a year ago.

He apparently did not kill for forty years after calling it quits. Before that, he escalated from break-ins, over violent rape to some pretty horrendeous murders.

And then he stopped.

Will he do?
          Last edited by Fisherman; 06-01-2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Definitely deserves a sub-forum along with all the other improbables.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
              Definitely deserves a sub-forum along with all the other improbables.
              Hi Dd
              I wouldn’t say improbable. Among the names listed in the suspects forum I would categorize them as impossible-Albert victor, ostrog, improbable-Francis Thompson, donston viable-tumblty, druitt, Koz and very viable- hutch,bury, Chapman.

Lech was there, had the opportunity, and there are some red flags with his statement. I would put him in the viable category.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Hi Dd
                I wouldn’t say improbable. Among the names listed in the suspects forum I would categorize them as impossible-Albert victor, ostrog, improbable-Francis Thompson, donston viable-tumblty, druitt, Koz and very viable- hutch,bury, Chapman.

Lech was there, had the opportunity, and there are some red flags with his statement. I would put him in the viable category.
                My italics.

Agree (sort of). This is true if he was lying - and is true also of Schwartz, Hutchinson (as you say), Cadosch and perhaps others in the witness category. If you were a witness then you were there and so had the opportunity. Fish, I'm sure would say that I put too much faith in Lechmere's account, while I would suggest that Mizen might have had his own reasons for dissembling. I guess that's the essence of Ripperology.
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                  Before deciding whether Cross stoped,it has to be proven that he started.
                  A simple statement but also a damn good one. Gets right to the point doesn't it?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    Hi Dd

Hey Abby,

I'm fine with your groupings, but even the best suspect whoever it is, is at best improbable in my opinion.

If you are an improbable, you are in my Premier League.
                    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                      Hey Abby,

I'm fine with your groupings, but even the best suspect whoever it is, is at best improbable in my opinion.

If you are an improbable, you are in my Premier League.
                      Hi dd
                      Yes yes of course. Totally agree. Those groupings are of course rated in relation to each other.

As I’ve often said....all the suspects are weak. Some are just less weak than others.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I'm all for re-grouping suspects and updating information. Not before time might I add!

Comment

Working...
                        X