Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty View Post
    Go for it.

However I'm not sure you will, and for valid reasons.

Monty
    Why thank you Monty :-)

What if I told you that someone has made an apparently innocent faux pas already?

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

I'm not sure she has Phil.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hello Natasha,

I would like to think and hope you are correct :-) I fear the photo police may be a street ahead of you though. And such pearls are being kept hush hush due to "ownership of information " rights- whatever that is.

best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

I'm not sure she has Phil.

Monty
          Then you assume it to be a female. Well- you had a 50-50 chance there.

If the information I have been told- twice- is not correct are you telling me the person is in err or just deliaerately lying?

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

If the information have been told- twice- is not correct are you telling me the person is in err or just deliaerately lying?

Phil
            I do assume, am I incorrect?

The information is neither. Then again it depends on what speific image you are referring to.

Monty
            Monty

Comment

I do assume, am I incorrect?

The information is neither. Then again it depends on what speific image you are referring to.

Monty
              You may be correct and you may not be.

I am referring to the Elizabeth Stride image that is not in the National Archives with all tie other victim photos in a nice little presentation album where it should be.

What specific image other than that are you referring to then?

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Natasha,

I would like to think and hope you are correct :-) I fear the photo police may be a street ahead of you though. And such pearls are being kept hush hush due to "ownership of information " rights- whatever that is.

best wishes

Phil
                The information aint made up.

Ownership issues. I don't think there are any restrictions on mentioning the photographers from back then.

If the information I have been told- twice- is not correct are you telling me the person is in err or just deliaerately lying?

Phil
                I am a female by the way

Comment

You may be correct and you may not be.

I am referring to the Elizabeth Stride image that is not in the National Archives with all tie other victim photos in a nice little presentation album where it should be.

What specific image other than that are you referring to then?

Phil
                  The same.

However it is now you who is assuming.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                    The information aint made up.

Ownership issues. I don't think there are any restrictions on mentioning the photographers from back then.

I am a female by the way
                    Hello Natasha,

I was not referring to you when writing to Monty. :-)

I didnt assume the infnrmation to be made up either- I merely expressed the hope that you are correct that further photos exist in the families you mentioned. :-)

Apparently the information on the name of the Eddowes photographer is unable to be released as that information is, apparently, under ownership according to SPE who knows the photographer's name but cannot tell us.

Phil
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

I mentioned those specific photographers, because they had a connection to the east end.

I have not said of which of them took some of the pictures, I am making an assumption based on their connection to the east end.

The fact that these photos were in actual fact the property of the police, not the people who own them now (with exception to archives, crime museum etc), makes me wonder who is in possession of these pics.

If the photographer(s) who took the pics had possession of them, then passed them on to relatives, then I still think they had no right to keep these pics because they were evidence.

Comment

The same.

However it is now you who is assuming.

Monty
                        and in what way am I assuming? Because I have been told the Stride photo is not in the National Archives together with the other victim photographs. I am sure you will tell me I have been misinformed if so and in what way then?

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Natasha,

I was not referring to you when writing to Monty. :-)

I didnt assume the infnrmation to be made up either- I merely expressed the hope that you are correct that further photos exist in the families you mentioned. :-)

Apparently the information on the name of the Eddowes photographer is unable to be released as that information is, apparently, under ownership according to SPE who knows the photographer's name but cannot tell us.

Phil
                          I hope so too. We could maybe learn alot more about the case if there are.

If the photographer's family have possession of it then I feel that the photographer should not have been allowed to keep pictures for themselves. The pics were evidence after all

Comment

and in what way am I assuming? Because I have been told the Stride photo is not in the National Archives together with the other victim photographs. I am sure you will tell me I have been misinformed if so and in what way then?

Phil
                            You have been told a copy is at Scotland Yard, yes?

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

I hope so too. We could maybe learn alot more about the case if there are.

If the photographer's family have possession of it then I feel that the photographer should not have been allowed to keep pictures for themselves. The pics were evidence after all
                              Evidence in what?

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

I mentioned those specific photographers, because they had a connection to the east end.

I have not said of which of them took some of the pictures, I am making an assumption based on their connection to the east end.

The fact that these photos were in actual fact the property of the police, not the people who own them now (with exception to archives, crime museum etc), makes me wonder who is in possession of these pics.

If the photographer(s) who took the pics had possession of them, then passed them on to relatives, then I still think they had no right to keep these pics because they were evidence.
                                Hello Natasha,

I could not agree with you more- about who owns what and where.

IMHO NONE of any of the said photos should be in the posession of any private individual. However the hope that any further or original plates or other- additional photos emerge via photographers families would be interesting.

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X