Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by rjpalmer 32 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by RockySullivan 59 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 16 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by RockySullivan 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by RockySullivan 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by Fisherman 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (42 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (24 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: If Mrs. Maxwell Didn't See Mary Who Did She See? - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Other Mysteries

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #831  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Okay, so the same argument applies, why didn't they stage the jemmied window?
right. they may have realized later that the window couldn't be opened from the outside, so added the jimmied part, then to realize uh oh it dosnt look jimmied. they just screwed up on their story ---simple as that.

or when they said jimmied-it was kind of a misspoke-they just meant opened.
or maybe they meant jimmied, but without being damaged?

who knows-but its another inconsistancy in their story.
they are definitely lying about something.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
to help it look like an intruder who abducted her they then open the window, either before they left for the restaurant, or on the first check.

Kate then goes to "check" on her, and low and behold the window is open! and Maddies gone! she been taken. staged open window! got it???

No. You don't seem to understand me. They didn't say an open window. They said jimmied window. That's forced entry. An open window isn't forced entry. Got that? If not, then I can't explain it any more than that to you.

A jimmied window will forensically demonstrate damage consistent with forced entry. They claimed forced entry. They claimed jimmied. They didn't claim someone just opened a window. Forensically there is ZERO evidence of a jimmied window despite them claiming that it was jimmied. If they made that claim and are involved in a staged incident them why didn't they jimmy it?

Open windows aren't jimmied windows. When you open a window in your own home do you jimmie then all? No you open them. The McCanns didn't claim the window was just opened. It was jimmied... yet for people who stage events, didn't stage this??

I can't believe you don't get this. I even gave you an example. I think it probably too indicative of McCann innocence for some to accept.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
No. You don't seem to understand me. They didn't say an open window. They said jimmied window. That's forced entry. An open window isn't forced entry. Got that? If not, then I can't explain it any more than that to you.

A jimmied window will forensically demonstrate damage consistent with forced entry. They claimed forced entry. They claimed jimmied. They didn't claim someone just opened a window. Forensically there is ZERO evidence of a jimmied window despite them claiming that it was jimmied. If they made that claim and are involved in a staged incident them why didn't they jimmy it?

Open windows aren't jimmied windows. When you open a window in your own home do you jimmie then all? No you open them. The McCanns didn't claim the window was just opened. It was jimmied... yet for people who stage events, didn't stage this??

I can't believe you don't get this. I even gave you an example. I think it probably too indicative of McCann innocence for some to accept.
how on gods green earth is them saying the window was jimmied, and it wasn't, indicative of any kind of innocence?

its an inconsistency of there statement and the evidence. indicative of lying.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
No. You don't seem to understand me. They didn't say an open window. They said jimmied window. That's forced entry. An open window isn't forced entry. Got that? If not, then I can't explain it any more than that to you.

A jimmied window will forensically demonstrate damage consistent with forced entry. They claimed forced entry. They claimed jimmied. They didn't claim someone just opened a window. Forensically there is ZERO evidence of a jimmied window despite them claiming that it was jimmied. If they made that claim and are involved in a staged incident them why didn't they jimmy it?

Open windows aren't jimmied windows. When you open a window in your own home do you jimmie then all? No you open them. The McCanns didn't claim the window was just opened. It was jimmied... yet for people who stage events, didn't stage this??

I can't believe you don't get this. I even gave you an example. I think it probably too indicative of McCann innocence for some to accept.
by the way you can jimmy something without damaging it. Ive jimmied windows and doors with a credit card numerous times when Ive locked myself out. no damage.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
how on gods green earth is them saying the window was jimmied, and it wasn't, indicative of any kind of innocence?

its an inconsistency of there statement and the evidence. indicative of lying.
It doesn't make any sense that they are able to pull off getting rid of a body and can't even jimmie a window for when they announce someone jimmied the window. That's why. This is not a planned response to a staging.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
by the way you can jimmy something without damaging it. Ive jimmied windows and doors with a credit card numerous times when Ive locked myself out. no damage.
They would have made it look jimmied to do it right. I say take up your point with a forensic expert. I bet they can detect if it has been or not.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:07 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Devon UK
Posts: 6,239
Default

Hi Batman, Abby,

Kate was supposed to be in a state of panic and confusion on finding Maddie missing and not thinking clearly. She expressed the immediate belief that her daughter had been "taken" from the apartment, so she would naturally be asking herself how the abductor may have got in, and whether they simply walked in through an unlocked door or could have climbed in through an open window, forced or not. If she knew nothing at that stage, these are exactly the things Kate would have been wondering about and suggesting as possibilities. It would have looked more suspicious if she failed to suggest a forced entry, or said there definitely wasn't one. How could she have known that for sure, unless she also knew there was no intruder? Better to suggest a forced entry and let the police find Kate was mistaken.

The door was known to have been unlocked; the window was found to be open. That was enough to claim an intruder must have taken Maddie. Had Kate or Gerry actually staged a forced entry, and pointed to it as evidence, they'd have been taking a huge risk because someone could have witnessed their efforts, and with no previous experience they would not have known if the police could readily tell a staged forced entry from a real one.

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
Hi Batman, Abby,

Kate was supposed to be in a state of panic and confusion on finding Maddie missing and not thinking clearly. She expressed the immediate belief that her daughter had been "taken" from the apartment, so she would naturally be asking herself how the abductor may have got in, and whether they simply walked in through an unlocked door or could have climbed in through an open window, forced or not. If she knew nothing at that stage, these are exactly the things Kate would have been wondering about and suggesting as possibilities. It would have looked more suspicious if she failed to suggest a forced entry, or said there definitely wasn't one. How could she have known that for sure, unless she also knew there was no intruder? Better to suggest a forced entry and let the police find Kate was mistaken.

The door was known to have been unlocked; the window was found to be open. That was enough to claim an intruder must have taken Maddie. Had Kate or Gerry actually staged a forced entry, and pointed to it as evidence, they'd have been taking a huge risk because someone could have witnessed their efforts, and with no previous experience they would not have known if the police could readily tell a staged forced entry from a real one.

Love,

Caz
X
good point.

I would also add that there being no forced entry, and upon learning the window could NOT be opened from the out side, they admitted that they left the apartment unlocked. so that begged the question-why would an intruder need to open the window from the inside once already in? OOPs!

oh because they left with her through the window and or handed her out the window to someone else.

Yeah right.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Devon UK
Posts: 6,239
Default

Hi Abby,

It does seem strange that the window was open, if an abductor could not realistically have entered or left that way. It was apparently a fairly cold night too, so presumably Kate or Gerry would have wanted the window to be closed when they went for dinner so the kids would keep warm, if not for security reasons. If Kate was expecting to find it closed on her return, but found it open and Maddie gone, she evidently put two and two together and blamed the open window on the abductor, even though this was highly unlikely. Why would an abductor even try to get in through that window when they could walk in through the door? Why would an abductor walk in through the door then need to open the window?

So what do we make of Kate's claim that she found the window open and the curtains "whooshing"? Either she or Gerry must have left it open by mistake when they went for dinner and completely forgot they had done so, or one of them opened it deliberately for as yet unexplained reasons.

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #840  
Old 02-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,497
Default

The reason why I don't accept the huge risk explanation for why they didn't jimmie the window is because this is nothing compared to the really huge risk of hiding and disposing a body. On the one hand they can make a small human being completely vanish but can't even jimmie a window? Therein is where the staging hypothesis makes no sense at all. One moment they are Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction. The next they are Forrest Gump.

As for why was the window open. One explanation is for a quicker exit. If someone comes in, its a quick way to get out. In fact that's exactly what happened in the apartment above when a stranger was found in there. They leaped from the window to get away.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.