No announcement yet.

Walter Sickert: Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Sickert: Whitechapel Murderer ?

Ok all,
    Another in the series to see the grades from 1-10 .
    After seeing a slight eruption on the 'Cornwell' thread it is time to bring Walter Sickert into the ring.

We are all aware of the Sickert/J.K Stephen combo ,so if you base your score on that then please mention it .

The usual : 1= NEVER,10= DEFINATE.
    1 NEVER
    66.67%
    14.94%
    3.45%
    2.30%
    3.45%
    1.15%
    2.30%
    1.15%
    1.15%
    10 DEFINATELY
    3.45%

What, is it the weekend already? My answer...zero, zip, zilch, not a chance. Sickert was across the Channel doing art at nearly all of the relevant times.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      What, is it the weekend already? My answer...zero, zip, zilch, not a chance. Sickert was across the Channel doing art at nearly all of the relevant times.
      I would agree, other than to ask if there is a number lower than zero that I can use in my reply...
      ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

I'd say about a 1.5 but I'll round it up to a 2.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I voted 2 because I never say never when it comes to suspect unless they can be absolutely positively eliminated.

Comment

Never.

What evidence is there that he (or any of the other suspects for that matter) were even in Whitechapel the night of any one of the murders? What evidence is there linking him or any of the suspects to any of the victims in a way that strongly indicates that they killed them? Precisely none. It's all just speculation and theories and the majority of it is weak at best.

If anything, Sickert was probably just a Jacky fanboy of his time. Nothing more.

Comment

Dear Maurice,

Exactly. Nemo was too busy perfecting his art at the time. Golly gosh, witness his masterpiece, 'October Sun', which, in my own opinion, is an extraordinary glimpse into the viscera of a butcher's shop.
              What more can one say.
              Rosey :-)

Comment

another never...

for me Barry.
                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
                  Never.

What evidence is there that he (or any of the other suspects for that matter) were even in Whitechapel the night of any one of the murders? What evidence is there linking him or any of the suspects to any of the victims in a way that strongly indicates that they killed them? Precisely none. It's all just speculation and theories and the majority of it is weak at best.

If anything, Sickert was probably just a Jacky fanboy of his time. Nothing more.
                  Co-signing the post!
                  Me?
                  For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

And Sickert´s art does not prove anything. Stephen Dung... er, King has potty fetish to vilify over-weighed, nerdy, mentally ill etc. but honestly I don´t believe he is Zodiac killer.
                    Me?
                    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine1932 View Post
                      Co-signing the post!
                      ... "co-signing" a post is better than going off at a tangent
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Har! There's nowt beats a good trigonometry joke.

Comment

Har! There's nowt beats a good trigonometry joke.
                          I try every angle, Mo.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Point taken.

Comment

Damn. I was expecting acute comment, Gareth. I was being obtuse, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X