Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Strong Did Liz Stride's Killer Need To Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello (again) Tom. Thanks.

"The 'tail' is on the same side as the knot. The tail is created by the knot."

Close. Actually, the knot is created by the tails being placed in a certain way.

"The killer grabbed the side opposite to the knot."

In which case the knot's side and tightness are irrelevant, and we have chased a phantom for 125 years.

Cheers.
    LC
    Lynn,
    I believe (from wearing neck scarves in my youth) that pulling the scarf tight, with the knot having pressure put on it would actually cause the knot to get tighter and smaller.

Velma

Comment

significance

Hello Velma. Thanks.

I think much depends on the kind of knot being employed. A slip knot would allow the radius to decrease--given, of course, one pulls the appropriate tail.

Then, too, there is the "hard" knot which remains fixed.

Obviously, my remarks deal with the former and are said in lieu of the significance of the direction of the knot and its tightness.

Tom once observed that Liz may simply have worn the knot left side rather than middle, and tight.

If so, the doctors (as well as myself) are mistaken: there is NO significance in the scarf's knot.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

At the end of the day we do not even know what he meant by 'knot', a loop, a bow?
        We can be reasonably sure an actual knot, in the true sense of the word, is not necessary for a scarf.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

open

Hello Jon.

1. Open to suggestions.

2. Open to discuss possibilities associated with each.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Working...
          X