Scotland Yard, Anderson and the number of victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Yard, Anderson and the number of victims

It's very confusing to me, reading about JtR, what was the feeling of the police at the time about which victims were attributed to JtR.

Especially concerning Tabram.

Now, on october 1888, Anderson asks Dr Thomas Bond to look at post mortem reports on previous victims. He sends reports on Nichols, Chapman, Stride and Eddowes, but not Tabram. Bond would not respond before Kelly's post mortem.

Now, in your opinion, is this a personal move from Anderson, or does it reflects the opinion the investigators had at that particular time, meaning october 1888.
    (Was there a change in the police opinion to dismiss Tabram that occured later during the automn of terror?)

Thank you.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    It's very confusing to me, reading about JtR, what was the feeling of the police at the time about which victims were attributed to JtR.

Especially concerning Tabram.

Now, on october 1888, Anderson asks Dr Thomas Bond to look at post mortem reports on previous victims. He sends reports on Nichols, Chapman, Stride and Eddowes, but not Tabram. Bond would not respond before Kelly's post mortem.

Now, in your opinion, is this a personal move from Anderson, or does it reflects the opinion the investigators had at that particular time, meaning october 1888.
    (Was there a change in the police opinion to dismiss Tabram that occured later during the automn of terror?)

Thank you.
    I guess it depends who you consult MacNaughten only counts FIVE

Swanson appears to count Seven... He includes Smith to Kelly

Cox and Sagar appear to believe that the crimes end when the suspect is locked in an asylum March 1889

Mylet and Coles have no mutilations so they could be discounted.

McKenzie is the problem victim given that mutilation attacks are so rare...The torso's are not Jack's style in my opinion

Annie Farmer could be a failed attack, especially if JtR got a taste for indoors after the Kelly murder (Speculative)

Inspector Drew included SMITH, and I'm inclined to agree with him, she walks right through the main JtR collection zone and is viciously assaulted, focusing the genitals... Tabram also has stabs to the genitals..

Interestingly Bonds conclusions and speculation seem to concur with Anderson who stated the identity of the killer was 'a definitively ascertained fact'

Yours Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 11-18-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X