Rippercast- The Jack the Ripper Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
    That's it, Ally, I was bred to be sure footed over narrow passes, to get over mountains, and carry people and their goods safely home.
    ... doesn't mean you're a jackass, AP. On that evidence, you could just as well be a Sherpa - no wonder some people have a habit of tensing up when you're around.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• No more thoughts on eliminating suspects? What criteria do you use? Establish a firm alibi for the suspect? Or rehabilitate the name if solid evidence is lacking?

Time is running out for listener input. We record tomorrow.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
        Establish a firm alibi for the suspect?
        That's a good idea. Prince Albert Victor can be eliminated that way. I've noticed it in Press Reports. Be reading about something, and there is a notice in the paper where he was on such and such day.

But the he was never suspected of actually doing the killing, right, just being part of something. Or was he? Just a thought. Good luck with this one.

Roy
        Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          No more thoughts on eliminating suspects? What criteria do you use? Establish a firm alibi for the suspect? Or rehabilitate the name if solid evidence is lacking?

Time is running out for listener input. We record tomorrow.
          I suppose you could safely eliminate the following:
          (1) Suspects with an alibi (e.g. Price Albert Victor);
          (2) Suspects who didn't exist (e.g. Pedachenko);
          (3) Suspects against whom the only substantive evidence is faked (e.g. Sir John Williams);
          (4) Suspects against whom the only evidence is frivolous (e.g. Lewis Carroll).

But based on past experience, there would be endless arguments about which suspects these criteria applied to - particularly (3) and (4).

To be honest, I think that rather than starting with a huge long list of all the people who've ever been suspected and trying to whittle it down, it would be better to start with an empty list and insist on some reasonable grounds for suspicion before adding names to it. Though obviously the "standard of proof" would have to be extremely lax, as there's no proper evidence against any of them ...

Comment

• Dear Chris:

If you have Skype capability or accessibility, would you consider appearing on Rippercast to offer your criteria for suspects as you've just mentioned,but with further elaboration ?

Thanks...

Comment

• I still think leave the list long, but create a premier league..the criteria for which...

1. interviewed/considered by the police investigation at the time.

and/or

2. demonstrated a history of violent crime.

if culling is really the aim, JM...same criteria, lose the lower divisions!?

WK.

Comment

• Upcoming episode on Thomas Cutbush

Hi all,

After being off for a couple of weeks, Rippercast is back this Sunday with a discussion of suspect Thomas Cutbush.

Joining the show will be special guest AP Wolf. Also appearing will be Paul Begg, Ben Holme, Howard Brown, Ally Ryder (hopefully) and others.

Any questions or comments from listeners about the suspect candidacy of Thomas Cutbush that you would like us to address to our guest and participants, should be emailed to rippernet@mac.com , Private Messaged to myself, or left as a comment below.

Thanks for listening,

Stay Tuned!

JM

Comment

• Sounds like a good one - I'm not that up to speed on Cutbush so will be very interested. And yay to AP for putting himself out there

B.
                  Bailey
                  Wellington, New Zealand
                  hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                  www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Working...
                  X