No announcement yet.

Ep. #44 The Chapman-Ripper Theory: w/ R Michael Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I click on "get" on the subscriptions page, this episode won't download. I'm not on dial-up, so that is strange. When I right-click on the episode, there is no option to download that way.

I feel like a major idiot if I'm doing something stupid here. What's PM?
    Best,

LV

Comment

Just to make sure you are right clicking in the correct place...

on this page: http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=88

Embedded in this sentence

If you'd like to download the full mp3 you may do so by clicking here. You may wish to right-click on this link and select "Save as" in order to save the .mp3 file directly to your computer.

is the linked mp3.

As far as it not allowing you to "Get" it on iTunes, is that just with this episode? If so, I'd double check to see if you don't already have it. Look in your music folder- iTunes- iTunes Music- Podcasts. The mp3 is titled The_Chapman_Ripper_Theory.mp3 When you download podcasts from iTunes it places them in this Podcast folder it creates inside your iTunes Music Folder.

As another option, I've uploaded the show to RapidShare. Please try to download it from this location:

Click Free User, wait 30 seconds and you should be able to download it.

PM is Private Message. On the upper right corner of this site is your Private Message mailbox.

Hope this helps!

JM

Comment

Thanks, Jonathan! I got it from the first link, can't wait to listen! Good luck with your move!
        Best,

LV

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Hello Nats,R Michael Gordon referred to the incident where Klosowski's two "wives" met, and - as HL Adam puts it - one of them "disappeared". As I pointed out, HL Adam gets this bit wrong, and that Lucy Baderski was this mysterious "Polish wife", as the following proves..
          I have an idea!

Lucy is unhappy in the marriage, and takes a trip home to Poland, with her daughter, partly to let her family see the child and partly to consult with her mother about the state of her marriage (Klosowski's violence, or womanising?

Maybe she doesn't even tell Klosowski when (or if) she will be back in London.

So, Klosowski sets up home with Annie Chapman. Either because he wants his marriage to be over and has moved on, or because he believes Lucy won't be coming back to him.

Then, when he's settled with Annie, Lucy turns up.

Helena
          Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

I am rather staggered that R. Michael Gordon, having written so many books on Klosowski, thinks that Klosowski's passport was issued to allow him to travel to London/the USA.

The actual list of the documents of his found in 1902 makes it clear that the passport was for use "within the limits of the Kingdom of Poland" (as David pointed out).

Helena

PS Passports were not needed for travel within Europe until the First World War.
            Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
            X