No announcement yet.

JonBenet Ramsey Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rob. The Boulder County DA, who were best friends with the Ramseys, are the ones who exonerated Patsy, not the DNA evidence. Patsy's DNA was on the underwear as well. Stephen Thomas was very bold in naming Patsy as the killer. Since Patsy had not been charged with the murder, of course she'd win a defamation case against him. That's not a sign of her innocence. As for a lie detector test, she passed it because she was on drugs and had say over what questions could/couldn't be asked. The lie detector tests are considered a farce in this case.

As for the ransom note, it's not possible to to say with 100% accuracy that someone wrote something, but she was scored at 70%. If nothing else, that means whoever wrote the note was a woman. As for the evidence that Patsy did it, we must start with the fact that zero evidence exists suggesting an intruder, leaving us with three suspects. Only one of those was a woman. When I say motive in incidental, I mean it's not important in establishing guilt, although like you I would absolutely love to know the motive. But unless Burke actually knows what went on and one days tells all, or confides in a woman who breaks his trust and tells the world (more likely than the former), we'll have no more insight than we do now.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Hi Rob. The Boulder County DA, who were best friends with the Ramseys, are the ones who exonerated Patsy, not the DNA evidence. Patsy's DNA was on the underwear as well. Stephen Thomas was very bold in naming Patsy as the killer. Since Patsy had not been charged with the murder, of course she'd win a defamation case against him. That's not a sign of her innocence. As for a lie detector test, she passed it because she was on drugs and had say over what questions could/couldn't be asked. The lie detector tests are considered a farce in this case.

As for the ransom note, it's not possible to to say with 100% accuracy that someone wrote something, but she was scored at 70%. If nothing else, that means whoever wrote the note was a woman. As for the evidence that Patsy did it, we must start with the fact that zero evidence exists suggesting an intruder, leaving us with three suspects. Only one of those was a woman. When I say motive in incidental, I mean it's not important in establishing guilt, although like you I would absolutely love to know the motive. But unless Burke actually knows what went on and one days tells all, or confides in a woman who breaks his trust and tells the world (more likely than the former), we'll have no more insight than we do now.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      Hi Tom
      I agree with you that JB's killer more than likely was from a family member from inside the house and not an intruder, but probably either John or Burke and not Patsy. Whoever killed JB was the one who sexually assaulted her and I dont think a mother would do that(especially the way the sexual assault took place-ie with a paintbrush). In fact I beleive that a mother sexually assaulting and then murdering her own daughter is pretty much unprecedented in the annals of crime. I do beleive though she did write the note, probably after discovering what happened and wanting to protect either her husband, or more probably her son, Burke.

Comment

Whats up Tom,
        What are your thoughts on the Borden Murder?
        Jordan

Comment

Hi,

Jon Benet wasn't sexually assaulted, she had a paint brush inserted inside her after death. It was made to look like she'd been sexually assaulted.

Hi Chainz,

There's no question that Lizzie was guilty. I also believe John Vinicum Morse was involved, but I'm not certain how. The why would be money and/or property.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
            Hi Rob

I believe the blood was hers, however there was unknown DNA found co-mingled in the blood. It was proven not to be seminal or blood so it has been classed as 'most probably' saliva.

However there was apparently no way to separate these samples (not sure how correct that assumption is) to get 2 single DNA's.

Tracy
            Hi Tracy,

I find 'most probably' saliva very interesting. JonBenet's genital area was wiped 'with a cloth' (or similar item). I can easily imagine the murderer using his or her own saliva to facilitate the wiping.

Carol

Comment

Hi Tom,

Why do you think John Morse was involved? By the way, have you read the actual transcript of Lizzie's interrogation?

RH

Comment

Hi Carol

Another theory that has been put forward was the killer held the paintbrush in his mouth for some reason before using it on Jon Benet.

Tracy
                It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Hi Rob. I jumpstarted the Lizzie thread to reply to you, in order not to take this off topic.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom....
                    would you mind posting a link to that thread for me? I'm up for discussing some Lizzie Borden!

Comment

A place to discuss other historical mysteries, famous crimes, paranormal activity, infamous disasters, etc.

Here ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
                        Hi Carol

Another theory that has been put forward was the killer held the paintbrush in his mouth for some reason before using it on Jon Benet.

Tracy
                        Hi Tracey,
                        Thanks!
                        Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          The key to this case ever getting solved is the bonus money JR received and was in the letter. They need to look at everyone who could have known he got that bonus. Obviously this points to family and close friends. No stranger intruder (who did not know of the bonus amount) could have been her killer.
                          Many people had been inside that house and could have found out the bonus amount. And someone like Patsy Ramsey, a person with no criminal history, would have broken under the intense police interrogation.

This crime was commited by a pedophile and an intruder.

Comment

[QUOTE=Richard E. Nixon;206722]And someone like Patsy Ramsey, a person with no criminal history, would have broken under the intense police interrogation.

That's just it though....I don't think Patsy Ramsey was ever subjected to intense police interrogation. The Ramseys refused to meet with the police! Does anyone know if any kind of police interrogation ever did take place? If it did, I bet it was on the Ramsey's terms.

I can remember everyone in my neighborhood being indignant because the Ramseys refused to meet with the police. The general consensus was that it was one of the perks of being rich...if it had been any one of us "average Joes" we would have been bodily hauled down to the police station!

Comment

There was never an intensive police interrogation. The Ramseys lawyered up within hours and were never subjected to any kind of intensive, rigorous interrogation.

And the idea that anyone could predict that "a person like Patsy" would have broken if there had been intensive interrogation is frankly ludicrous.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard E. Nixon View Post
                                Many people had been inside that house and could have found out the bonus amount. And someone like Patsy Ramsey, a person with no criminal history, would have broken under the intense police interrogation.

This crime was commited by a pedophile and an intruder.
                                Hi Nixon

Many people had been inside that house and could have found out the bonus amount.

But how? perhaps a close friend whom Jon or patsy had told, but Jon was a pretty sharp businessman, and these guys usually keep things like this pretty close to the vest.

And if any ransom was actually the motive, you really think a kidnapper is going to not have a note already prepared but instead wait until he is there and look for something to write on and with at the crime scene? Dont think so.

This crime was commited by a pedophile and an intruder
                                If commited by an intruder it must have been a close family friend, but what intruding pedophile is going to hang around and write a bogus ransome note? Again highly unlikely***

My deduction(opinion) is she was sexually assaulted and murdered by Burke and then covered up by Patsy.

*** The only exception to this that I could possibly fathom is that a family friend(who knew the bonus amount) who was a pedophile broke into the house and did it and was extremely messed up on drugs and/or alcohol and because of this wrote the note.

Comment

Working...
                                X