Documentary: 'Arthur Conan Doyle, Murder Detective'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'All Things Conan Doyle'??

Hi Steve, very glad that you are enjoying it. Me too.

Please feel free to talk about anything Holmes & Conan Doyle on this thread if you wish to. After starting it I realized there's so much interesting info, great videos, websites & pictures available now that we all could share that I really should have made this a general Holmes & Conan Doyle thread.

Speaking for myself, I'd love to learn more about Conan Doyle & Holmes, and it sounds like you know a great deal. I'm sure other members do as well, so we can pool our knowledge.

> Do you think we should start a new more general thread for "All Things Conan Doyle" so we stay on topic- a wider range of topic- or just turn this thread into it?

I'd appreciate your input, and of course that of any other Casebook member who might be interested and have an opinion.

Thanks,
    Archaic

Comment

Holmes etc.

Sorry to disappoint you, Archaic, but I am far from being an expert on Holmes - more of a fan, really. Your idea of an "All Things Conan Doyle" thread seems like an excellent idea.

I would seriously recommend you have a look at Daniel Stashower's biography of Doyle: Teller of Tales.

It seems our hero led a varied and adventurous life which gave him a great deal of material for his stories. What a man.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

I'd love an all things Conan Doyle thread

Comment

Should I Put New Thread In Pub Talk?

Hi, guys.

I'm thinking that Pub Talk is the best place for the new 'All Things Conan Doyle' thread; that way the thread can be as broad and all-encompassing as the members wish to make it and no one will have to worry about staying "on-topic".

Do you agree?

Thanks,
          Archaic

Comment

I agree, would love that! Great idea Archaic!

Comment

New 'All Things Conan Doyle & Holmes' Thread Is Up

The new thread 'All Things Conan Doyle and Holmes' is up now in Pub Talk if anybody would like to participate.
              The content of the thread is completely open-ended; please feel free to discuss any sub-topics of your choice.

Here's a link:

Thanks for all the input and good ideas everybody!

Cheers,
              Archaic

Comment

Can't wait to check out these documentaries at home.
                "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Working...
                X