X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jack get a kick of witty women?!

Hello you all!

I don't remember, if this discussion has taken place earlier, but;

All right, Polly seemed to be pretty average with her intelligence.

So did Annie, despite she seems to have been a rather difficult person.

But, (tack ska du ha, Glenn!) despite not giving a very good impression of her intelligence for the Certificate of Change officials, Liz seemed to have been somewhat gifted in school during her Swedish years.

Catherine was an intelligent student at school, but seemed to have met difficulties with disciplin.

Then, the contradiction; despite Joe Barnett read news-papers to MJK, she was described by Mrs. Carthy being "an excellent scholar and an artist of no mean degree." And some people have stated, that "she was an artist of no mean degree". The possible explanations being; it was pretty common to read out loud the news-papers. It is also possible, that Mary Kelly was short-sighted or something. Anyway, since we know nothing about her for sure, shows an intelligence of some degree!

So, do you find it possible, folks, that JtR was looking after pretty witty women for his fantasies?

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Did Jack get a kick of witty women?!

j.r-ahde

You said "So, do you find it possible, folks, that JtR was looking after pretty witty women for his fantasies?"

I do not think that it mattered to Jack.

NOV9
    In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King !

Comment

Right..From all actions I see JTR doing it seems he didnt even think of these Women as People. He treats them like objects.
      Like many Prostitutes these Women had families and had led a somewhat normal life before they fell to vice. MJK just didnt have the chance to find out who she was. But if what she said about "Dont be like me." is true I think she was thinking of getting out of the trap and trying to be a normal Woman.

Many smart and beautiful Women fall prey to drugs and drink and do things they would never do otherwise. Its a sad sad story. Dont get me wrong..Alot of it is by choice. Some is a trap. I guess the best solution is to try to teach Men and Women about these things and hope they choose the right path.

Comment

Working...
      X