No announcement yet.

Ripperologist 132: June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind Jen, I've got the Rip and am getting up to speed.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Now that I have read the article I would also like to congratulate Mark Ripper on his very detailed, and very neutral, laying out of his case. The column format makes it fairly easy for the reader, easy except for the constant thud of getting hit over the head with the evidence. I thought I would have something quite inflammatory to say after reading it, but in the end, I am left just shaking my head in dumb disbelief at the absolute effrontery that's been exposed. Mark's closing statement was an absolute gem of understatement and insight.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Well done to Colin MacDonald.

Excellent work.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I have just taken a first look at my copy and despite the late hour could not help reading the article on Cadosche.

Fascinating and wonderful to have another piece of the mosaic filled in with a picture of the man himself.

Congratulations,

Phil

Comment

Thanks, Neil & Phil, but the photographs (and much of the information) came from his great grand-daughter. She deserves the lion's share of the credit for her generosity.

(Just to clarify - she holds the original image. Mine is a first generation copy).
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

The Cadosche article is next on my reading list, I just currently have a splitting headache and can't comprehend words of more than two syllables, but good news to hear it appears I will be enjoying it, once I get to it tomorrow.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

It is lovely to put a face to the name, isnt it?
                “be just and fear not”

Comment

I have read the Cadosch article and wanted to say good job to Colin and to thank the Cadosch family for being so generous with their information and photographs.

Well done to all involved.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

As we did not want the other articles contained in the Rip to be overshadowed by the dominating topic, we have elected to move the ongoing argument to its own thread, which you may view here.

General comment for the article can still be placed here, but any in depth argument for or against should take place on that thread.

Thank you.

Comment

I've been a bit short on time since my copy arrived but I've skimmed most of it.

I've read Colin's Cadosche article in depth though, and Mark's Trevor Marriott article too...both, for different reasons, are excellent and I'm looking forward to giving the other articles in the edition equal attention...a number of items have caught my eye in passing, and really look the business!

I've only subscribed to Rip for about a year, and I can't emphasise enough to any non-subscriber just how good it is, and what a difference it can make to your appreciation of the case...I've no connection with the publication other than as a satisfied customer, and have no hesitation in affirming it's a thundering good read and a bargain at the price.

All the best

Dave

Comment

Reading Simon Wood's article now. Very, interesting.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Hi all,

I have just finished Colin's article, and I want to say this is exactly what the field of Ripperology is all about - increasing the body of reliable knowledge. Credibility is everything and you did it Colin. Congratulations.

...now to Simon!

Sincerely,

Mike
                          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hi all,

My favorite Simon expression: “However, the three policemen were flashing their bull’s-eye lanterns in the wrong district.”

Hi Simon,

“The character of Leather Apron appears to have been originally conceived to give shape and form to the mythical ‘lone maniac’ said to be responsible for the murders of Emma Smith, Martha Tabram and Polly Nichols.”

Are you saying that the connection between Smith, Tabram, and Nichols, both in public and at Scotland Yard, is directley connected to the Leather Apron affair? How interesting.

Sincerely,

Mike
                            The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                            http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Without wishing to pee on any parade, but before certain things are accepted as gospel, I think it is only fair to point out that some of Colin's contentions are just his personal theories which have yet to be shown to be true - the American connection he pooh-poohs seems to be true, and there is very compelling evidence for two Albert Cadosches (and so no bigimous marriage). I know of ongoing research that may require a drastic revision of the Cadosch story, but one that conforms more accurately with the family tradition.

Comment

I very much enjoyed Colin's article, and particularly seeing the photos -it was fascinating.

However, I am afraid to say that Lechmere is right, and there is ongoing research which gives some clear indications that there were two Albert Cadoches, and that this one was not the witness.

Elizabeth Southward's family had emigrated to New York, Elizabeth returning to London with her brother. It would seem that Esther was born in New York, but her birth registered in London.
                                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Working...
                                X