Diary of Jack the Ripper diary about to be exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Bob.
    Welcome the world of pseudo-Ripperology.

All the best
    The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Hi Bob, "IKNOW" claimed to know who did it and why, and had sold his story to the Guardian (according to him).

Since no story ever surfaced, and no newspaper ever published his claims I think we can rest assured he "Knowsnothing"

Then we had Philipe Welt claiming he had filmed footage of Mary Kell's ghost in Mitre Square, floating along just like the Walter Sickert painting!

The funny thing is, he made claims that there was little or no wind, yet the tree's in the background could be seen moving!!!

He promised a book regarding this, but I think he is happily charging a small fortune to watch his footage of smoke blowing in the wind!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Wow.

There are two crackpots who claim they film "sea serpents" in the S.F. Bay, and they want to charge people to use the film.

As you can guess . . . they are interesting wave patterns. Megathreads have been devoted to debunking them, but yet they mush on trying to make a wave into $$$.

They want "biological experts" to view the report on the film. Yup. "Biological expert" means, in Crazyspeak, "agrees with us!"

Reminds me of a thread HERE regarding a diary and a watch.

Subjects like this attract Woos like crap attracts flies.

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          In the second, he seems to plump for Dr Thomas Hewlett (and, no, I've never heard of him either).
          Probably some variant spelling or garbled retelling of the Dr. John Hewitt theory. For a brief summary, see Jack the Ripper: A Suspect Guide: Dr. John Hewitt. The dissertation/Ripper Notes article "The Strange Case of Dr. John Hewitt" by Stan Russo explains where the theory came from and why this person was never a legit suspect to begin with.

Dan Norder
          Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
          Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            wow, I had heard of this guy before but never read anything!!

I love the fact he has the accolade of being "Scariest bloke in London" funny that, I thought that was something for the likes of "Dave Courtney" or "Bros" anyway, the guy dresses as a wizard and is King of the Lions or summat, so he must be OK!!

Hi Mike,

Two out of three appearing at the WS1888 can't be bad - Dave Courtney on two occasions (but no match for Liza - she could have eaten him for breakfast), and the Pope on many more, usually dressed to kill.

Now Bros would be scary.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Dave Courtney singing "When will I be famous" that would be a good show, scary? Yes!!
              Entertaining? You betcha!!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Mike:

IknowJack is really... I know nothing Mr. Fawlty ! Remember Manuel in Fawlty Towers ? Well that him !

- Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                  Probably some variant spelling or garbled retelling of the Dr. John Hewitt theory.
                  Initially I thought that as well, Dan, but Pope mentions the Hewitt theory in his second "book". Hewlett seems to be a completely different guy. But to get the details, I'd have to re-read it, and I'm not too eager to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
                    Mike:

IknowJack is really... I know nothing Mr. Fawlty ! Remember Manuel in Fawlty Towers ? Well that him !

- Maria
                    I love Fawlty Towers!!

When the wife was having our first thats all we watched, "There's too much butter on those trays!"
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
                      Mike:

- Maria
                      Who wants to be the first to slap him around the head?

Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                        Initially I thought that as well, Dan, but Pope mentions the Hewitt theory in his second "book". Hewlett seems to be a completely different guy.
                        Well, Hewitt was offered as a suspect based upon the similarity of the sound of the name in a garbled story (and in fact the story itself was probably fabricated -- got to love Ripperology sometimes) so Hewlett was probably an early attempt to find a match. That'd be my guess anyway. But you never know where things come from sometimes.

Dan Norder
                        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X