Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    Yes, it was a press report that mentions the shop in passing. The Pall Mall Gazette 11th Sept 89. It may even have been me that brought it up before, but if it was, I didn't remember whether it was connected to the Lechmeres or not. I guess not, if their business was in Broadway market.
    Cheers.
    I posted a report over on JTRF a year or so ago, I think. I'll see if I can find it to see if it's the same one you found.

I think the records we have of Ma Lechmere being involved in the trade are from 1890/1, when she was operating out of a shop in St George Street (the Highway). She did live in Cable Street at one time, though, and her third husband had lived in Backchurch Lane. Fish/Ed may know where she was in 1889. If I ever did, I've forgotten.
    Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-25-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      Arm dumped in the Thames on the same day as Chapman's murder .
      Torso dumped at NSY over the weekend of the so called double event ....
      Open your eyes peeps
      One wonders what was dumped on the nights of Nichols' and Kelly's deaths, or who was "ripped" on the occasions when the other torsos, or parts thereof, were deposited.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        That's incorrect, if not mildly libellous I have assuredly not let my standards slip, and I trust that I have continued to produce good, sensible material. Perhaps you define "slipping totally" as "disagreeing with some of Fisherman's ideas"?
        As if I hadn´t seen that implied before... Sigh! It is NOT my doing that there was a body dumped in Pinchin Street. I was not the one cutting large flaps of flesh from Kelly and Jackson. I am not responsible for how Lechmere disagreed with the police over what was said. I had nothing to do with how his working trek corresponds with the killing fields. I did not tell him to give time for his departure that does not correspond with his presence in Bucks Row. It is not my fault that Nichols still bled when Neil and Mizen looked at her.

No, I define slipping standard in your case as failing to produce the top notch goods you used to provide in the olden days, Gareth. Whether that is true or a delusion brought on by a failure to see clearly in my case on account of being smitten with the idea that Lechmere is our man is for others to judge.

Just like you, I tend to think I am quite lucid. So all we can do is to look at what we post. And I am not the one who have posted about how varying sizes of flaps cut from the abdomen of two women implicates two killers instead of just the one. You are.

If I had said that, I would welcome having a bucket of cold water poured over my head to wake me up to reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
          Daily Telegraph October 3. 1888

At present only the foundations and a portion of the first storey have been built, and the place is surrounded by a high hoarding.

The ground structure consists of a vast labyrinth of brick passages, archways, and vaulted chambers.

Although there are a large number of men employed on the works, very few of them, it is said, would have readily found their way through the intricate vaults to the spot where the mutilated trunk was concealed.To a stranger venturing alone among these dark corridors there would seem to be a danger of failing to find his way out again.
          Perhaps it was a Wild Boar, rooting around in the mud. What do you reckon, Jerry?

Comment

I didn't claim that he normally stayed there, only that he stayed there.
            Then tell me how it influences his culpability that he stayed at the Victoria Home AFTER the Ripper spree.

As I said, you will be asked these questions, and you had better have good answers to them.

You claim that he "lived in the area". If he did not live in the Victoria Home, then how do we know that? Please explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Perhaps it was a Wild Boar, rooting around in the mud. What do you reckon, Jerry?
              Haha. I’d take the Wild Boar over the rabbit, Gary.

Comment

Don't you dare accuse me of falsely implying ANYTHING. Anyone who reads Hebbert's and Bond's respective reports on Jackson and Kelly (or who looks at the Kelly photographs, for that matter) will know that what I said was perfectly true.
                I dare tell the truth, and all you have to do is to live up to the same standards. I asked you NOT to provide any mumbling about how anybody will see that you are correct. I want PROOF abut how the flaps looked, and how you are able to tell them apart.
                Do you have it?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                  Daily Telegraph October 3. 1888

At present only the foundations and a portion of the first storey have been built, and the place is surrounded by a high hoarding.

The ground structure consists of a vast labyrinth of brick passages, archways, and vaulted chambers.

Although there are a large number of men employed on the works, very few of them, it is said, would have readily found their way through the intricate vaults to the spot where the mutilated trunk was concealed.To a stranger venturing alone among these dark corridors there would seem to be a danger of failing to find his way out again.
                  A simple piece of string would solve that particular problem.

Is there any chance that you can provide a map that shows us the difficulties involved? How many turns did he have to negotiate, for example?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    hey fish
                    Im not sure if it has been mentioned before but to me as I just posted, and have also said repeatedly in the past-that the torso dump sites were done on purpose and had special meaning to the killer-so Lechs step father being a cop-maybe that has something to do with the dumping in the NSY vault? has this been discussed before?
                    It has been touched upon, but not discussed in depth, I think. Be my guest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      No, I define slipping standard in your case as failing to produce the top notch goods you used to provide in the olden days
                      I haven't had the time to post in any great quantity in recent years, due to work and other pressures. That said, my capacity to reason has not diminished, and I'm sure that such points as I make are just as sensible as they ever were.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I dare tell the truth, and all you have to do is to live up to the same standards. I asked you NOT to provide any mumbling about how anybody will see that you are correct. I want PROOF abut how the flaps looked, and how you are able to tell them apart.
                        Do you have it?
                        Read Hebbert. Read Bond. Look at the Kelly photographs.

All the proof you need is there.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

One wonders what was dumped on the nights of Nichols' and Kelly's deaths, or who was "ripped" on the occasions when the other torsos, or parts thereof, were deposited.
                          The lady was dead before Nichols so who knows .
                          Miller's court is different
                          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                            I posted a report over on JTRF a year or so ago, I think. I'll see if I can find it to see if it's the same one you found.

I think the records we have of Ma Lechmere being involved in the trade are from 1890/1, when she was operating out of a shop in St George Street (the Highway). She did live in Cable Street at one time, though, and her third husband had lived in Backchurch Lane. Fish/Ed may know where she was in 1889. If I ever did, I've forgotten.
                            She lived in May Ann Street at the time of the Berner Street murder, and I think that she was a resident of 147 Cable Street when the Pinchin Street torso was found.
                            I seem to remember that the registers disclosed that 147 Cable was the address from where Joseph Forsdyke was admitted to the hospital; he was dying that autumn and perished in December.

Comment

It has been touched upon, but not discussed in depth, I think. Be my guest!
                              ok-well if Lech had issues with his step dad, the cop, and I could see a lot potential there along with the fact that he switched back to Lechmere, perhaps also indicating no love lost there.

then dumping one of the torso bodies in the vault of the NSY would be a way at "getting back at him" and or the police in general. maybe he was also upset about how the police treated him after he accidently ran over the kid.

I dont know just thinking out loud here.

Comment

What is the general idea here? That the Torso killer would have been to preoccupied dismembering to engage in Ripper killings on these occasions? Or?

Comment

Working...
                                X