New Sickert Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.
    I have been waiting since 1965 , when I first became interested in this subject , to know the truth.
    Surely it will happen soon.
    Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
      C'mon people. The author wants £15 for his book, so it's got to be true!

Yeah, right.
      Are you reviewing it Paul?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It hinges on a "previously unknown painting" by Sickert, right... I hope it has been authenticated as being one of his (though I doubt it), because it is rather convenient how it fits the author's interpretation of the meaning of the artwork.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

I'd be very surprised if the painting was of a London Street. Looks French to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            Are you reviewing it Paul?
            Yes, in the next Ripperologist. I've already read the book. It doesn't take long. It's about 100 pages, but the text probably fills fifty, and the case against Sickert is a painting that hasn't been authenticated as a Sickert or dated, and Paul Christian has never seen it except for a photograph and can't now trace the painting or the owner. There is no evidence that the figures in the painting are who they are supposed to be. If Paul Christian was asking a few pounds for it then maybe one would say caveat emptor but £15 really is too much for some people to waste, especially when you consider the rubbish jobs some people have to do for a minimum wage, then to get ripped off for a pamphlet that promises much, but delivers nothing.

Comment

Yes, in the next Ripperologist. I've already read the book. It doesn't take long. It's about 100 pages, but the text probably fills fifty, and the case against Sickert is a painting that hasn't been authenticated as a Sickert or dated, and Paul Christian has never seen it except for a photograph and can't now trace the painting or the owner. There is no evidence that the figures in the painting are who they are supposed to be. If Paul Christian was asking a few pounds for it then maybe one would say caveat emptor but £15 really is too much for some people to waste, especially when you consider the rubbish jobs some people have to do for a minimum wage, then to get ripped off for a pamphlet that promises much, but delivers nothing.
              So you’re convinced then?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Sickert may well have included hidden references to the Ripper case within his works. That wouldn't in any way substantiate him as the killer.

Comment

Does it for me! It's obvious that the drawings on the back are (circled) Warren & the other figure is JTR, it's a shame it is now solved, I won't need this forum any longer 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    Sickert may well have included hidden references to the Ripper case within his works. That wouldn't in any way substantiate him as the killer.
                    Good point Harry. We know that he was fascinated by the case. In no way makes him guilty though unless he’d written ‘I am Jack The Ripper’ on the back in code. Which I’m guessing he didn’t.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      So you’re convinced then?
                      Oh yeah, no question.

Comment

The style of the building in the painting looks far more like Paris or the continent than East London.

I am also completely unsold on the persistent theory that the killer would have 'hidden' clues about his/her identity in works of art or literature or that he/her would have written letters to journalists or the police.

Goodness, imagine if police and forensic investigators nowadays used this method to nail suspects in such cases. The prison cells would be swarming with Turner Prize winners, Man Booker Prize short-listers, stand-up comedians and, possibly even Nicholas Parsons, whom I am sure was sending thinly-veiled signals that he is actually the Croydon Cat Killer during a recent episode of 'Just A Minute'.

Comment

Oh yeah, no question.
                          I’ve been meaning to put you on the spot Paul.

2 questions if I may?

What’s the worst JTR book you’ve ever read?

Any plans for another A-Z ?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

And the significance of the tricolour hanging from the flagpole is what exactly?
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

And is this the same Ms Cornwall who said that JTR was a Mr James Maybrick? Where do these people come from? Money must be really tight. YAWN....

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                                And is this the same Ms Cornwall who said that JTR was a Mr James Maybrick? Where do these people come from? Money must be really tight. YAWN....
                                When did Ms Cornwell say it was James Maybrick?

Comment

Working...
                                X