No announcement yet.

Same Colorado Baker Refuses to Bake Cake Celebrating Gender Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matriarchies are not uncommon in the animal kingdom e.g. elephants, whales. Some fish swim in schools with one male as leader and the rest all females. If something happens to the male the highest-ranking female changes sex and takes his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
      And I must beg pardon. "Goon" is indeed attested from 1921, but the character didn't appear until 1933. As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind."
      The goons weird me out. Bizarre characters for a kids cartoon.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        The goons weird me out. Bizarre characters for a kids cartoon.
        Popeye in general is more than a little bizarre.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Must be nice looking down from that high-horse of yours, Sam. Why don't you resort to some kind of logic instead of pathetic virtue-signalling?

I thought gender was a social construct and sex was a biological one? Trans ideology flagrantly contradicts that.
          Just be happy with who and what you are, Harry, and then you can mind your own business when it comes to others. Consider yourself lucky if all your friends and family members have turned out 'normal' - as you would define it.

And they can consider themselves even luckier if they all conform to your lofty standards for living.

This website may be concerned with events from 130 years ago, but most of us have moved on from the worst aspects of 'Victorian values'.
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

If you're biologically and anatomically a man and think you're a woman (or vice-versa) then your brain isn't hardwired right. We shouldn't contort reality in order for it to conform to our own mental delusions. Would you let an anorexic starve herself because she believes she's overweight?

It's only because we live in an increasingly permissive, postmodern society that stuff like this is becoming normalised.
            If you believe in a mythical cloudman that created the universe, your brain isn't wired right.

Why should these people be allowed to run businesses or roam freely in society when they are clearly suffering from some sort of debilitating violent hallucination and disconnection from reality?

And yet these very same people are constantly practicing ritual drowning of their infants, ritual cannibalism, ritual celebration of executions and going around proudly displaying instruments of torture and death around their necks in celebration of ritually sacrificing humans. They are clearly a danger to sane human beings and yet, they're allowed to go about celebrating their death cult without interference.

But they have a problem because a girl wants to wear pants and a guy wants to wear a skirt. Yeah. Who exactly is mentally ill?
            Last edited by Ally; 08-22-2018, 05:10 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Why don't you resort to some kind of logic instead of pathetic virtue-signalling?
              Has it occurred to you that not everyone who disagrees with your intolerant world-view is "virtue signalling". I don't do "virtue signalling"; I mean what I say, and I don't say anything if there's no evidence for it.
              Last edited by Sam Flynn; 08-22-2018, 05:42 AM.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

If the guy doesn't want to bake a cake for gay events, okay fine--I'm sure those people would rather support someone who doesn't hate them.

But they should include that fact on all signage and advertising, so that people who don't agree with his position who aren't in the affected groups can choose not to support him either.
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                  If the guy doesn't want to bake a cake for gay events, okay fine--I'm sure those people would rather support someone who doesn't hate them.
                  I don't think think he actually hates anyone. He's managed to convince himself that he'd be committing a sin (and apparently a fairly major one) by supplying a cake for a same-sex wedding. IMHO a foolish belief, but I think it's sincerely held.
                  - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Just be happy with who and what you are, Harry, and then you can mind your own business when it comes to others. Consider yourself lucky if all your friends and family members have turned out 'normal' - as you would define it.

And they can consider themselves even luckier if they all conform to your lofty standards for living.

This website may be concerned with events from 130 years ago, but most of us have moved on from the worst aspects of 'Victorian values'.
                    Just wait until this madness becomes the prevailing thought. You'll have dumb, misguided parents putting their kids forward for transitioning just because they're a bit tomboyish or effeminate.

Comment

As I understand it, it's not that he refused to bake a cake for certain types of people - he merely refused to make the cakes in certain themes. And I really don't see a problem with that. The guy has plainly advertised what sort of cakes he makes - if you want a cake that differs from those, then he is completely within his rights - legally and morally - to refuse.

What if someone wanted to order a cake in commemoration of Robert E. Lee's birthday, or Confederate Memorial Day? What if the baker didn't approve of those? If it's a plain cake with nothing associated with the Confederacy on it, there would be no reason to refuse. But if the customer asked for a Stars and Bars on the cake, and perhaps a "Happy Birthday, Bobby", is that really still the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        As I understand it, it's not that he refused to bake a cake for certain types of people - he merely refused to make the cakes in certain themes.
                        He'll bake wedding-themed cakes, though, if I understand correctly. Just not when certain types of people are the ones getting married.
                        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                          He'll bake wedding-themed cakes, though, if I understand correctly. Just not when certain types of people are the ones getting married.
                          Yes, and again, I don't have a problem with him only making traditional wedding cakes. He also refuses to bake Halloween-themed cakes, but no one's thrown a hissy-fit over that. Seriously, what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            Yes, and again, I don't have a problem with him only making traditional wedding cakes. He also refuses to bake Halloween-themed cakes, but no one's thrown a hissy-fit over that. Seriously, what's the problem?
                            He doesn't make Hallowe'en-themed cakes for anyone though. It's not like he does make Hallowe'en-themed cakes, but he won't make one for Jewish people.
                            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                              He doesn't make Hallowe'en-themed cakes for anyone though. It's not like he does make Hallowe'en-themed cakes, but he won't make one for Jewish people.
                              He doesn't make gay or trans cakes for anyone, either. He does make wedding cakes for anyone, though. Like he himself said, if they chose any cake from the selection available in the store, there'd be no problem. However, the moment they want a rainbow or some such on the cake, that's when he tells you it's not what he does.

Moreover, this new case results from a trans attorney requesting a trans-themed cake from this particular baker on the very same day that the supreme court ruled in his favour over the gay cake thing. You think that's a coincidence? I have no sympathy whatsoever.
                              Last edited by Karl; 09-05-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X