No announcement yet.

What's your profile for Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I don't know DTS, have a look at this Van Gough, dated 1885, The Potato Eaters

Click image for larger version

Name:	Van-willem-vincent-gogh-die-kartoffelesser-03850 reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	664909

Regars

Observer

Comment

I stand corrected

Comment

Incidently there is a thread here in Casebook which maintains that Vincent Van Gough was the Ripper, I wonder if I'm on to something?

Comment

You know the more I look at Mr Potatohead the more I think of Lawende's man !

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Wow, Mike, that´s very detailed. I thought you were not into profiling much ...?
            It isn't profiling when you actually know these things.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              It isn't profiling when you actually know these things.

Mike
              Touché, Mike!

Fisherman

Comment

Suspect: Unknown. Aka ' Jack the Ripper '.

White Male
                Age 25+
                good physical condition
                Resides/and or employed within 1.5 miles of primary crime scene ( George Yard).
                High probability of assaults/threatening behaviour or petty crime predating homicide.
                Probable animal cruelty.
                working class or skilled working class professional.
                Possible history of mental disturbance.
                Drinks socially.
                IQ within average range.
                Established associate of prostitutes in WhiteChapel area.
                Single or dysfunctional relationship/s.
                Conventional appearance.
                Last edited by Scorpio; 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM.
                SCORPIO

Comment

My description of Jack would be:
                  White Male
                  Aged between 25-40
                  Unmarried
                  Knows his way very well around Whitechapel & Surrounding Areas
                  May have had an interest in the Dark Side
                  Possibly a Policeman
                  Works Shifts
                  Could be someone others would say, "No, not Him, you're having a laugh".
                  May have had a bit of a temper when provoked
                  Knew what he was doing and didn't want to be caught
                  Probably went to church on a Sunday

Busy Beaver

Comment

Hullo all you beautiful people!

Based upon the data, high probability of being male. Not sure anything else has a high probability based purely on the data. Oh wait, had knife.
                    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Male
                      English or foreign
                      Between 16 and 60
                      Used prostitutes
                      Knew the streets but didn't necessarily live or work there
                      Married or single
                      Not filthy rich or dirt poor
                      Religious or atheist
                      Jewish or Gentile
                      Johnny No-mates at weekends

Narrows it down, eh?

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Basically Kosminski. It just fits too well in my mind. maybe it means I am unimaginative, perhaps, I could just see that happening though. Someone going bonkers and either getting really lucky or having enough of an animal like cunning not to get caught. Until his family finds out what he has been up to and have him committed.

Comment

imagination

Hello Same.

"Basically Kosminski. . . Maybe it means I am unimaginative."

It seems to show GREAT imagination.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

- To begin with, it is clear that the murderer has a knowledge of the Whitechapel district in which he perpetrates his crimes.

- Then he is probably a man of bad character, who .... is acquainted with the customary and most taking methods of accosting the women whom he selects as his victims.

- He is probably a maniac, so far as the prosecution of one single murderous purpose is an indication of mania; but, on the other hand, he is not so much a maniac as to be indifferent to detection, and he watches to strike his blow with unfailing and remorseless cunning at the moment most favorable to his designs.

- Again, he is probably able to secure solitude whenever he wants it; but, on the other hand, he is not likely to be a man of forbidding appearance, solitary manners, or distinguished by one trait marking him out for notice by his fellows.

- we must assume that the murderer is a man not open to ordinary suspicion, and that although he lays his plots with devilish ingenuity, and carries them out with unsurpassed cunning and ferocity,

- he is a gentleman who is accepted absolutely in his own rank of society, possibly adorning a pew, occupying a clerk's stool, or doing a little business, in leisure moments not devoted to the main purpose of his life, in stocks and shares.

- Finally, he may assume drunkenness, or a "boozing" fit, for the treble purpose of putting his victims, the police, and his acquaintances off the scent.

It follows, therefore, that in the absence of immediate motive, which means the absence of clue, we must keep our eyes on points of character rather than on such manifestly unsatisfactory and inadequate work as the searching of lodging-houses, which in all probability the murderer does not frequent.

Ref: Star, 10 Nov. 1888.

The above is as good a profile as has been presented by anyone through the media at the time of the murders.
                            Then, on the same day, we have the confidential (not for publication) opinion of Dr. Bond..

- The murderer must have been a man of physical strength and of great coolness and daring.

- There is no evidence he had an accomplice.

- He must in my opinion be a man subject to periodical attacks of homicidal and erotic mania.

- The character of the mutilations indicate that the man may be in a condition sexually, that may be called satyriasis....

- The murderer in external appearance is quite likely to be a quiet inoffensive looking man probably middle aged and neatly and respectably dressed.

- I think he must be in the habit of wearing a cloak or overcoat or he could hardly have escaped notice in the streets if the blood on his hands or clothes were visible.

- ..he would probably be solitary and eccentric in his habits, also he is most likely to be a man without regular occupation, but with some small income or pension.

- He is possibly living among respectable person's who have some knowledge of his character and habits and who may have grounds for suspicion that he is not quite right in his mind at times.

Dr. Thomas Bond, 10 Nov. 1888.

These two profiles appear to adequately cover the salient points. I feel no need to expand on or attempt to improve the opinions so well expressed at the time.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Same.

"Basically Kosminski. . . Maybe it means I am unimaginative."

It seems to show GREAT imagination.

Cheers.
                              LC
                              Thank You Lynn. I read Martin Fido's book and while I will agree that it does seem to be a cop out theory its still the one that makes the most sense to me. Still I am not really familiar with any new theories that have recently come out and I totally suck at profiling. I tend to go with location over method. So I think it is the basic Kosminski/ Cohen or some other loon profile. maybe I'm old fashioned. I tend to think Richard III murdered the Princes in the Tower.

Comment

Fido

Hello Same. Thanks.

Fido's theory is not bad. He tries to link Cohen to "Leather Apron." Surely he is on the right track as someone was wandering around Whitechapel and Piser was not the main culprit.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X