No announcement yet.

Cricket, lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ashes would be fantastic and coming on the back of Twickenham last week and the Kiwi's winning the Rugby league final in Brisbane, ought to keep the Aussies on the back foot for a while.................!

Yep! 2-1 England!

Comment

4-0 to Australia with a rain affected draw at Sydney, Steven. That's my prediction.

Have been keeping an eye on the Australia A VS England game that's going on at the moment, England top order looks very shaky indeed......and Traitorsen's moustache would have been considered ridiculous even in the Victorian era.

Bring on November 25th!

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

And it begins.......

Good Morning Adam,

Old KPs tasche huh? The one he is growing, like myself, for the Prostate Cancer charity month of Movember?

Unite to take on mental health, suicide, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

Tis not our top order you want to be worried about. Tis yours, you havent one.

Even Gilly is predicting an England win

We are gonna get ya.

Monty...who smells that old familiar stench again....your fear.
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Bring it on indeed. Looks set to be a really good series. Swann may be the key I think.

Best wishes,
          Steve.

Comment

G'day Monty & Steven:

Yes, I am aware of Movember, and full credit to Traitorsen for getting involved, it's just that he could have chosen a somewhat less ridiculous one. Mind you, he's got more to worry about than his 'tache, having thrown the toys out of the pram after getting dropped not so long ago (oh yes, we heard about it ) and generally being pretty average of late....

We've got no top order? Please. I've got money on Ponting making a double ton this series. Smart money, I believe it's called. And I haven't forgotten my promise to sing "God Save The Queen" if England win.....

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Yes, God save your Queen indeed Adam,

Id be more concerned if KP took his omission in good grace. His tantrum shows he cares.

KPs shenanigans hasnt gone unnoticed over there huh? The fact you are ranked below us, the underdogs, had a poor run up to the Ashes, and are generally an average team has not gone unnoticed over here.

The signs are not good for you.

Monty
              Monty

Comment

The last time we won an Ashes series down under was with Mike Gatting as skipper. I've just been re-reading his autobiography "Leading From the Front" and I have to say it's a remarkably dull book given the events it describes. Let's hope Strauss can do better although three of the chapter titles will have tobe Positives to be taken away, Bowling in the right areas, and Coming to the party.

Still, it's the cricket that counts and I really feel we have an excellent chance to show these cocky colonials the way it should be done this time. I understand that Boycs will be in the radio commentary box to help rub it in. Nice.

Best wishes,
                Steve.

Comment

Ah That indestructable English optimism. Keep it up chaps

Queen will never be the same without Freddie Mercury

Comment

Thank you, Belinda. We do our best don't you know.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                      Ah That indestructable English optimism. Keep it up chaps
                      Only matched by that great Australian dillusion.

As witnessed the their Rugby teams last weekend.

It seems to be an epidemic.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

Steven, Monty:

To be honest I would feel a lot better about us losing the Ashes to England, if it was actually England we were playing, rather than the UN. Hell, I can't even say "Australia VS Soap Dodgers, First Test" when the time comes. So instead it will have to be "Australia VS UN Hacks".

Monty, I thought the ICC Rankings didn't matter? Mind you, if Nathan Hauritz plays in the first test, I will be throwing a large, heavy object through the TV screen. Bring in Steve Smith!!

Boycott in the commentary box? Bill Lawry will deck him.

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

Hello Adam,

Bill Lawry couldn't deck the halls with bows of holly...Ian Chapple on the other hand...

I also remember clearly his (Bill Lawry's)team's dishonesty that got Boycott given run out in a famous incident when he was miles home, 40 years ago. On that tour Boycott was almost invincible, and Illingworth's side were brilliant. It took a Graham McKenzie lifter to stop Boycott near the end of the series, I recall.

I liked this though...

A comic musical tribute to one of my favourite commentators, the great Richie Benaud (and Geoffrey, as well, naturally!). Thanks for the memories.The first v...

As a cricket player and opinionated commentator, Geoff Boycott can be discussed ad nauseum, but in referring to his playing the game in Test matches against Australia, he really was a major thorn in their side, like it or not, throughout his career. The 70-71 tour was superb for him.

But if you want real commentators....

Two incredibly English cricket commentators become a bit too enthusiastic about all things England.Subscribe to Comedy Greats for more hilarious videos: http...

say no more..

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

Opening with the age old 'Went gamibit' huh Adam?

'Their not really English'.

I dont see any Aboriginis in your line up. Do you still shoot at your immigrants upon arrival?

Boycott is a comic genius. 'Cook is no good cos he isnt me. If he were me he'd be good, but he aint, so he is no good'.

This is a different England to the last one that got of the boat some years back. More established, together, experienced. The only issue would be the conditions, not your team. And looking at the way weve been playing, it seems we are talking to your wickets.

We like Haurwitz the Pie man.

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

Yeah, change the record, Adam! You must be worried if you're Trotting that one out already.

Best wishes,
                              Steve.

Comment

Phil:

Unfortunately I don't have the software to view Youtube videos, but I'll take your word for it that they are good.

Lawry was responsible for Boycott being given out unfairly? Excellent! Almost as brilliant as the Trevor Chappell delivery.....it's called a taste of your own medicine. The UN cheat all the time - not least in 2005 when either the entire team was suffering from incontinence, or they were deliberately rotating their players to keep them fresh. Or Paul Collingwood's 'incident' a year or two ago....

Monty:

I dont see any Aboriginis in your line up. Do you still shoot at your immigrants upon arrival?

Not me personally, no.
                                Though the fact they continue to arrive anyway should tell you how fantastic our country is....you're wasting your time if you want to get into a "Which country is better?" debate....

Speaking of experienced players, where's Marcus Stresscothick these days?

Steven:

Worried only for you guys, Steven, I can't imagine the damage that a flogging this series will do to you all.

Cheers,
                                Adam.

Comment

Working...
                                X