The London Job 2010 Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The London Job 2010 Book

A new book is in preparation of photographs and articles relating to the recent London Job, held on 3rd and 4th April 2010.

The book will feature contributions from Neil Bell, John Bennett, Trevor Bond, Robert Clack, Gail Dowle, Andrew Firth, Philip Hutchinson, Laura Prieto, Mark Ripper and Peter Whitby.

Further details will be posted when it is ready, but in the meantime, there is a promotional video I've put together, which you can watch here.

All the best
    Andrew

When it started I thought I was watching 'The Matrix'. Shall I take the red or blue pill

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      When it started I thought I was watching 'The Matrix'. Shall I take the red or blue pill

Rob
      I got that idea from the title "The London Job". Sounds like there might be a few safe combinations to crack, (hence the codewheel effect). And maybe a few bloody doors to blow off too.

Here's the front cover.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	London Job 2010 Cover final resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	659268

All the best
      Andrew

Comment

Ooooh, this looks good. Can't wait for it. Once this hits the NY Times bestseller list, as I'm confident it will, how about doing a follow-up book containing photos of earlier LJs? That would be good too.

Comment

And very nice it looks to.

Regards

Rob

Comment

Looks quality Andrew - am still trying to watch the video on my laptop which is being ridiculously slow and awkward since I took up what little spare memory I had with Photoshop.

Nice work though!

Comment

Watched it now Andrew - excellent work.

Comment

Very impressive, Andrew!!!

Have you guys any plans to do the Sadler walk? The question was recently raised over the situation of Sparrow Corner, where Sadler could have cut through to avoid Edwards. Taking in the Royal Mint, the entrance to the Docks, Dr Oxleys in Dock St, meeting in the Princess Alice, and finishing up at the Phoenix, which I believe is now a pharmacist at number 24 Upper East Smithfield.

Comment

Jon,

That could be a possible idea for a future job, although I don't believe it's been suggested so far, other than by you of course!

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                    ..... the Phoenix, which I believe is now a pharmacist at number 24 Upper East Smithfield.
                    The Phoenix is long gone and a large modern office building covers the site. There is a pub at the bottom of the building called 'The Mint'

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                      Very impressive, Andrew!!!

Have you guys any plans to do the Sadler walk? The question was recently raised over the situation of Sparrow Corner, where Sadler could have cut through to avoid Edwards. Taking in the Royal Mint, the entrance to the Docks, Dr Oxleys in Dock St, meeting in the Princess Alice, and finishing up at the Phoenix, which I believe is now a pharmacist at number 24 Upper East Smithfield.
                      And if it's taking in a Coles/Sadler theme, one shouldn't neglect to enjoy the homely confines of The Bell pub in Petticoat lane!

Comment

The London Job 2010 Book is now available

I'm pleased to announce that the book of the 2010 London Job is now available from blurb.com.

The book can be previewed and ordered here:

A photographic record of the 2010 London Job weekend, featuring photos and articles by the attendees. The book covers some of the more obscure "Jack the Ripper" related sites, along with locations of historical interest throughout the east end of London.

All the best
                        Andrew

Comment

The book had arrived when I got home this evening. I've only had time to flip through it quickly, but the photographs are staggeringly good. I'll have to wait til later in the week to read the text. Congratulations to all the talented contributors.

Comment

This is well worth getting, folks. Great photos, great text. It's almost as good as being able to go on the walk itself. Although, if Andrew got blisters, I hate to think how Ms Prieto fared in those high-heeled boots.

Comment

Surprisingly, she said she was fine!

Thankfully my blisters have healed nicely. I blame it on the cheap trainers that I thought might be best for doing a six mile "Clack Special".

How wrong could I be?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the book GM!

All the best
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X